Wig-a-licious

'B-but mom...I don't get it...Why...You were...'

Mother Gothel smirks evilly 'Do you really want to know why?'

Eugene shakes his head 'No, you don't want to know, Punzie, I...'

'Don't call me Punzie!' Rapunzel snaps. 'I want to know exactly what's going on.'

Mother Gothel looks at the two redheads. 'Those guys are my co-workers, the Stabbington Brothers. Flynn Rider might know them.'

Rapunzel looks at Eugene and raises an eyebrow 'You do?'

Eugene sighs and shrugs 'Yes I do. Before I moved to Corona, I lived in another place. I met these guys on the streets. We were bored and we wanted...some excitement. One day we stole something. It wasn't a big deal actually, but the rush...The excitement...I think we got addicted.'

One of the brothers nodded, and the other one looked away, with a dreamy expression on his face 'The good old days...' he whispered.

'But,' Eugene continues, 'My dad found out and he was mad. We moved away, to Corona. I promised myself to make a fresh start, but everybody here already knew about my reputation. They judged me...Well...Not everyone,' He looks up at Rapunzel. For the first time, she looks back at him.

'But...I don't get it...What does this have to do with my mother?'

Mother Gothel laughs 'Oh honey, I'm not your mother.'

'What?'

'Like I said...Your real mom is someone you never met.'

'B-but...'

Mother Gothel looks at her nails, like she doesn't even care 'Yeah, I kidnapped you when you were just a little baby...'

'Why?!?' Rapunzel her voice cracks. She looks at Eugene, but he has a puzzled expression on his face. 'Have you ever heard of...Wig-a-licious?' Mother Gothel asks.

Rapunzel shakes her head, confused 'No...?'

Mother Gothel sighs dramatically 'Well, that is because it doesn't exist anymore. It was my company! Believe it or not, but there was a time, 20 years ago, that everyone wanted a wig...So I started a company...But hey, when you want to sell wigs, you need...a lot of hair.'

'What did you do?' Rapunzel asks breathless.

'I did what every devoted boss would do for the company. I tried to make it a success...So I lured young girls to my house...I promised them a free haircut...And I gave them a free haircut...A lot of hair was cut...' She replies darkly.

'But then there was Arianna...' Her eye twitches for a moment. 'She was this annoying village girl, who got suspicious. One day, she followed me and she found out what I did.'

She stares out of the window 'At first I thought: Who cares? Who would trust her? Is was successful and beloved by all...All my wig wearing fans...But then...Frederic. That stupid crown prince fell in love with her. And with his support, the odds were against me. They took everything I had...I had to flee the village and I settled here, in Corona. No one knew about me, or Wig-a-licious. I was safe, but I swore that, one day, I would have my revenge.'

Rapunzel opens her mouth to say something, but mother Gothel cuts her of 'So when I heard that queen Arianne was pregnant, I waited patiently. And I couldn't be more happy when it turned out to be a baby girl...She looked just like her mother. And her mother had the most beautiful locks in the country.'

'What did you do?' Eugene asks.

'Don't you get it you dunce! I kidnapped her! I took her with me. I raised her like my own child. And I made a promise, that when her locks are long enough, I will cut it. But until that moment I can't just let you wandering around. You know too much.'

'What are you going to do with her?' Eugene asks, with anger in his voice.

'I'm going to keep you guys here. And when I cut her hair, I will wait again until it is the right size to cut it again...and again...and again...'

'That is insane! You are crazy!' Eugene shouts.

Mother Gothel raises an eyebrow 'Flynn...Isn't it time to tell Rapunzel about your participation in my master plan?'

Rapunzel looks at Eugene 'What is she talking about?'

Before Eugene can reply, mother Gothel cuts him of 'I needed someone. Someone who could lead me to her...Someone who could lure her into this shed...Flynn is perfect for that. He is a thief, who can steal and break everything. Even your heart...He tricked you. Of course I knew that you guys were going to the party...You are an awfully bad liar Rapunzel.'

Rapunzel looks at the ground 'Does that mean that he didn't...'

'...no, of course he didn't love you. It was faked. I paid him for it.' She grabs a box from behind her back and hands it over to Eugene, who refuses it. She puts it down in front of his feet.

'There you go. Thanks for your help, but now you are useless...Maybe your hair will be useful...'

Rapunzel has the feeling that the world shatters around her. Her whole life was a lie. Her so-called mother was a lie, Eugene lied to her, everything was one big lie!

She feels tears burning in her eyes.

'Go ahead!' Mother Gothel snaps amused. 'Cry!'

Rapunzel wipes her tears away: 'No, I won't. I'll never cry. For every minute of the rest of my life I will fight and try to escape from you!'

'If you ever try to escape again, I'll lock you up in a tower.'

'You already locked me up, for my whole life. What is the difference...'

Angrily, Mother Gothel exits the shed and locks the door.

It is silent for a moment. But then Eugene looks at her and grabs her hand 'Rapunzel, I need your help.'

She looks at him 'Why? You lied...Is your real name even Eugene.'

He nods 'Yes it is...Maybe it started as a lie, but you really did change me...I didn't lie...But I need your help. Help me open this box.'

Rapunzel looks at the box and the padlock. She opens her hand. The key from earlier is in it.

'Maybe with this?'

------------------------------------------

I'm back! Sorry, I was so busy with school and stuff...I hope you liked it. We reached the climax, so stay tuned for the last chapter(s) ^^

Thanks for reading! <3