Chapter 18

(Patrick's POV)

I wake up at around noon according to my phone, and Kristina is still asleep in my arms. I think she will be better tonight. This was her first night away from home, so she was a little homesick at first. I'm glad she didn't fall out of the bunk. That would have hurt, and these bunks are small so that it could have happened.

I stretch a little, and it wakes up Kristina. She kind of wiggles a little, then stops. I think she forgot she slept in my bunk last night. She remembers, and continues wiggling. Eventually she looks up at me.

"Good morning," she says.

"Morning," I say. She crawls out of my arms and out of the bunk, and I follow her. Joe sees us and laughs.

"Did somebody get scared last night?" He teases Kristina.

"Yep, Daddy missed Mama, so I slept in his bunk last night," she jokes. I didn't say anything, but I did give an innocent look and shrug to Joe.

"That's what I thought," Joe says, nodding. I'm glad he humors her.

"What's for breakfast?" She asks.

"Breakfast? It's lunch time, Fangirl," Andy says from the driver's seat. Kristina rolls her eyes and gives me a dirty look at the mention of the nickname.

I laugh and shrug as I say, "Don't blame me! I didn't think they would use it."

"I'm sure you didn't," she says. I just laugh. "What is for lunch then, Uncle Pete?"

"I want pizza, but I don't know if you would since you had it yesterday," he says. "Want SubWay?"

"Sounds good! Just let me go change and fix my hair. It's probably a mess," she says.

"Actually it's not that bad. You couldn't really roll around last night," I say.

"True. You were a nice pillow, by the way," she says, laughing.

"Thank you. What are dads for?" I say. She just smiles and goes to her bunk to get clothes and everything. She then goes to our tiny bathroom and changes.

When she comes out, her hair is down and naturally curly (as usual) and, her make-up is on. She is wearing the burgundy flowy t-shirt with the studs above the pocket again, with the same black skinny jeans and combat boots. She also wore some black large frame prescription glasses. She doesn't have to wear them all the time, just when she feels like it. She sits on the couch with Joe, Pete, and me. The guys have all changed, but I haven't.

"I'm going to go get changed. When I get out you can find the nearest SubWay, Andy," I say.

"Alright. Don't be too long. We're starved!" He says.

"I won't," I say. Then, I get everything I need and go to the bathroom to change.

(Kristina's POV)

I'm so glad Daddy let me sleep in his bunk. I was a little homesick last night, but I'm better now.

After Dad leaves to get changed, Uncle Joe and Uncle Pete just sit on the couch with me. Nobody is saying anything. Then, Uncle Pete spoke up.

"Why'd you dress so nice today?" He asks.

"I don't know. Just felt like it," I say.

"Hoping you can get some guy's number at SubWay?" He asks.

I laugh, "Oh yes! My dream guy is a worker at SubWay."

"I thought it was Patrick," Uncle Joe says.