Chapter 1

The Monarchy.

A truly complicated organization of the supernatural.

An organization I don't really want to have to deal with. Well, aside from being mandatorily affiliated to it.

I squirm in my seat although it's nothing short of luxurious. Definitely more than your average first class air suite, actually. It's good that they provided such indulgence, since, at least, I have some privacy before I face trial. Well, if this enclosed private cabin is their way of locking me through the whole trip to Europa, I'll say it's better than anything else – with the plush soft leather armchair (convertible to a sleeping couch), which is most probably hand-stitched, and all the other lavish things that comes with it.

The biggest downside of this aircraft is that my mates and I can't link with one another while I'm in here. I'm very scared and anxious, pessimism rampant in my head. I wish they are with me, but Alexandrine won't allow it. Now, I'm left alone to the heavy darkness clouding my mind.

My lyall is pushing me to merge with it once again. I will be lying if I'll say that I haven't considered it several times. I know how more powerful I can be if I do that. But I also know the repercussions. That's why I do my best to steer away from that thought and reign my lyall. As help, I remember the words of my mates, as if those are mantras that will save me. Over and over again.

Alexandrine and the others from the envoy are very shadowy. From what I can tell, all of them are either lupis or werewitches.

Werewitches... Like my biological mother.

I start thinking why my mother had gone through all the dangers just to conceal my power. Like what my mates said, for sure, she must have known the truth about what the Monarchy does with the purus nigrum lupis which she thought would not be good for me, or is not good at all.

If the Monarchy have the other purus nigrums, they are all my age – conceived under the same blood moon.

Although, technically, I'm already aged three months ahead of them and can already use affinity because Dashia messed with time dilation. So, 'til a month and a half, I'm the only active purus nigrum lupus in the world. Dashia is fucked up. But, I must admit that she is powerful. From what I've heard from my mates, time dilation is not something any regular witch can mess with.

I'm curious about her background, since I, myself, apparently share the cursed bloodline of Magi. And because of that, my affinity can get even stronger compared to a purus nigrum with only the cursed bloodline of Lupi, since affinity is a magical power.

I haven't been able to master my being lupi unlike most due to my disconnection with my lyall for most of the years I've lived. But I've simply been a lupi all my life. It makes me wonder how it will be different once I tap into my being a witch and learn being a werewitch.

My mates said that if my real mother served the Monarchy, she was definitely strong. Also, my real father was an Alpha. So they say that I have the strong bases for my power. I wonder if that is the reason why the Monarchy wanted me so badly they had to kill my real family.

Regardless, anyway, purus nigrums are mandated to be under the direct jurisdiction of the Monarchy and live within Demesne, the Monarchy's headquarters.

Demesne.

Most of the supernatural dream to reach that place. To some, it is considered like our holy city and to serve the Monarchy in Demesne is the greatest vocation. But, I've never had any interest to go to that place nor to serve the Monarchy.