Chapter 3

I need my mates.

I pace around the room they gave me, not really giving a shit about how grand it is.

I fucking need my mates.

The desperation inside of me has turned into frustration.

Now I know why they're called the Round Table of the Seven Deadly Sins.

'Round Table' is used in short only for simplicity's sake.

"What do you know now?"

I scream and jump from my position. Swiftly turning around, I move into a defensive stance, ready to fight the intruder who whispered so closely in my left ear.

Lucifer... for fuck's sake. I grimace.

"You wanna fuck me?" He raises a brow as he smirks slyly. And in a moment I couldn't anticipate, he's directly in front of me, his hands buried in his dark jeans' front pockets.

"What do you want from me?" I swallow nervously as the devil invades my personal space.

He looks at me intently which makes me swallow harder. Although, I can't seem to avoid his gaze. "You gotta help me, I'm losing my mind."

"Me? Help you?" My eyes blink rapidly in disbelief.

"Keep getting the feeling you wanna leave this all behind." He cocks his head to the side as if weighing something in his mind.

My eyes widen and my interest picks up. "Does that mean you can get me out of all this if I help you?"

"Thought we were going strong..." He looks down at his shoes with a disturbingly lonely look on his face.

Is there something wrong with the Monarchy or the Round Table perhaps? I look at him quizzically.

"I thought we were holding on. Aren't we?" He sighs.

"Wait, wait, wait." I shake my head, trying to follow the conversation. "Can you be more specific? This is really confusing me."

He looks and sounds like a teenager going through some stupid breakup. Well, a godly teenager at that. I still can't get used to his sinfully beautiful appearance.

He chuckles. "It won't add up nicely so I'm gonna have to fast-forward it a bit."

I groan. Instead of terrifying, this conversation with the devil is quickly turning into annoying.

He looks up and locks his eyes with mine once more, seriousness evident. "You and me got a whole lot of history."

History? The devil and I? I get even more confused. Wait, does he know something about my family? Was he involved in their deaths somehow?

Lucifer laughs all out now.

"In case you're laughing because you heard my thoughts, there's nothing laughable about my real family's deaths." I cross my arms over my chest and glare at him.

He steps a foot closer so now we're standing almost chest to chest. He holds my chin gently and my breathing stops. "We could be the greatest team that the world has ever seen."

I scramble backwards, almost tripping, as I release the air in my lungs then hurriedly catch some oxygen. "What do you mean? What are you planning?" I pant.

"You and me got a whole lot of history."

"You already said that! Why are you so damn creepy and frustrating?" I can no longer control my thoughts as they push their way out of my mouth.