Chapter 2

Hiccup and Eira had been walking through the forest, marking off various places of where their dragons could be. After yet another failed attempt to find the dragons, Hiccup let out an annoyed yell and started scribbling on his notebook.

"Hey, don't do that! We're bound the find the dragons eventually." Eira tried to calm down her frustrated brother.

"Ugh, the gods hate us Eira. Some people loose their knife, or, or a mug. But nooooo, we had to loose not one, but two dragons!" Hiccup complained.

The two continued trekking through the forest. Hiccup pushes a branch out of the way, but it swings back into Hiccup's face. Eira starts laughing. Hiccup slowly looks up at the tree. It is snapped in half, and a trail of dirt leads out from it.

"Whoa, Eira look. This must be it. This must be where one of the dragons are. C'mon!" Hiccup yelled excitedly.

The two ran down the path excited, but also nervous to see the dragon. If they kill these dragons, they would finally prove themselves to their father. They would finally be vikings! Eventually, they see what they are looking for. Lying on the ground, entangled in rope, lay a black dragon. But on closer inspection, there was not one, but two dragons caught in the net.

"Woah, we caught two! That second dragon must have come to help the dragon you shot down, then got tangled in my net!" Eira figured.

The second dragon looked almost identical to the first dragon, but it was a dark grey rather than pitch black. It was smaller than the black dragon, but pretty much identical in every other way.

"Whoa, we did it! We did it! This, this fixes everything Eira! Yes!" Hiccup roared doing a victory dance. "We brought down these mighty beasts!"

Suddenly the dragons start to move. Eira pulls her brother back quickly. They both take out their small daggers, and approach the dragons cautiously. The black Night Fury stares at the two of them as they raise their daggers, as if accepting defeat. They two try to look away, but it as if those green eyes have put them in a trance.

"I'm gonna kill you dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart, and then my sister will do the same to your friend. We'll take them back to our father. We are Vikings!" Hiccup says with fake confidence.

Eira stays in the back, looking at the grey Night Fury, looking into its piercing blue eyes. The dragon looked like it had accepted its fate, and slowly closed its eyes and rolled over.

"I did this." She muttered quietly while her brother did the same.

The two of them knelt down and started breaking off the ropes. The dragons were finally free. The two dragons went up to their respective captors, and roared ferociously in their faces before flying off. The black dragon flaps his wings furiously, while the grey one follows behind, looking concerned. The two kids quickly run off back to their house, swearing quietly never to tell anyone about what happened that afternoon.
=======================================================================
The two siblings quietly opened the door to their house. Their father sat inside by the burning embers of the fire. They tried to sneak quietly up to their rooms unnoticed, when suddenly...

"Hiccup, Eira." He called.

The two cringed mentally as they sunk back down the stairs.

"Yeah, Dad?" Eira asked.

"Um, we need to talk to you." Hiccup said timidly.

"I need to speak with you two as well." Stoick replied.

The two twins took in a deep breath.

"We don't want to fight dragons"

"I think it's time you learn how to fight dragons." They said at the same time.

"Wait, you go first." Stoick said to his children.

"No, you can." Hiccup said.

"Alright then. You two get your wish. Dragon training. You both start tomorrow." Stoick said bluntly.

"Oh man, I wish we had gone first." Eira sighed. "Well Dad, we have many dragon fighting Vikings, but do we have enough baking Vikings or home repair Vikings?" She scrambled.

Stoick hands Hiccup an axe and Eira a mace.

"You'll need these."

The two refuse the weapons.

"Dad, we don't want to fight dragons." Hiccup said.

"Of course ye do." Stoick said.

"Rephrase, we can't kill a dragon." Eira imputed.

"But ye will." Stoick said, not listening to his children.

"I'm pretty sure we won't Dad." Hiccup said.

"It's time you two."

"Dad, you're not listening to us." Eira complained.

"This is serious!" Stoick said in a raised voice as he shoved the weapons into his children's hands. Eira almost topples under the weight of the mace.

"When you carry this axe, or this mace, you carry all of us with you. It means you walk like us, talk like us, think like us. No more of.... This." He says, gesturing to all of the teens.

"You just gestured to all of me." Eira said.

"Deal?" Stoick says ignoring Eira's comment.

"This is a very one-sided conversation." Hiccup complained.

"Deal?" Stoick said again, only harsher.

"Ugh, fine. It's a deal." Eira sighs.

"Good." Stoick says as he leaves to go out. "Train hard. I'll be back. Probably." With that, he leaves the house.

"And we'll be here, maybe." Hiccup mutters.

Eira storms up to her room, and Hiccup follows quickly.

"I don't want to kill dragons. I can't! Especially after the way I saw that dragon look at me. I just can't Hiccup!" Aisling cried.

Hiccup sat down next to his sister on her bed.

"Don't worry sis, we'll find a way around this." Hiccup says before getting ready for bed.
=======================================================================