10

"Jimin, it's just a water bottle," Yoongi says, exasperated. "Can't you – can't you share with someone else for today?"

Hobi shakes his head. "I already suggested that."

"So why not?" Yoongi persists.

Jimin's just realized that he'd left his water bottle at the dorm this morning. Hobi hadn't known how to do – Jin usually makes sure they've all got their things with them before they leave, but he hadn't come with them this morning – so he'd called Yoongi over to help sort out the situation.

"It's not the same," Jimin tells him with a shrug. "Hyung, I can just walk back – "

"Absolutely not."

"What? Why not?"

"It's not safe to walk back alone, you know how the public sees us – "

"I can go with him," Taehyung offers.

Jimin perks up.

Yoongi looks over at Hoseok, who says, "I don't have a problem with it."

Yoongi sighs.

"Okay," he relents, "fine. But be careful."

Jimin gives him a cheeky smile and grabs Taehyung's wrist. "We'll be back within half an hour," he promises, dragging his friend out the door.

The sun's hidden behind dark clouds today, and the light breeze that blows by feels too cold in a way they can't explain. The walk back to the dorm is quiet, with only bits of chatter; today seems off somehow. They're almost relieved when they reach the dorm.

"Something smells good," Taehyung comments. "Do you think hyung made us dinner?"

Jimin frowns. "But it's still early. He doesn't ever leave food out."

Tae's brows furrow. "He doesn't?"

"No," Jimin says, starting to worry, "he doesn't. He got mad at me once when I did. Where even is he?"

"Maybe he's still asleep," Tae suggests.

"Jin-hyung never sleeps in," Jimin mutters, and – completely forgetting why he came back in the first place – walks in long strides toward the room he knows belong to Jin and Yoongi. He raps sharply on the door.

"Hyung?" Tae's beside him. "Hyung, open up please."

Jimin keeps knocking. "Hyung! Are you in there?"

Tae loses patience and twists the dorknob, pushing the door open. Jin's in bed, asleep but unharmed, but neither of the boys are consoled.

"That's weird," Jimin says. "He doesn't - "

"Sleep in," Tae finishes. "Yeah."

They walk over to the bed, and Jimin puts a hand on Jin's shoulder, shaking him. "Wake up, hyung, it's late."

There's no response.

"Hyung?" Jimin is starting to panic. "Come on, this isn't funny, wake up."

He looks over at Tae and starts to say something, but the words die in his throat when he sees the shocked look on the other boy's face. "Tae?"

"Pills," Tae says, staring past Jimin. "He took pills."

Jimin turns to look and is greeted with the sight of a bottle of wine, a small, empty container that had obviously once been filled with medication, and a notebook lying on the windowsill. He can barely comprehend the situation, can barely think. "No – he – he wouldn't – "