Returning to Hogwarts

Emma POV

The next morning, I woke up to a thump coming from next door. I rubbed my eyes, got up, trying to not wake Hermione, and tiptoed across the room to the door. I walked next door and saw Ron in Harry's room. Without a shirt on may I add.

"The sooner we get on the train, the better, hey em" he said. "At least I can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. WAIT EMMA!?" He screamed and pulled a sweater over his head.

 I rolled my eyes, "Its fine Ronald, now why's Percy more mad at you?"

 "He's accusing me of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. You know," Ron continued and grimaced, "his girlfriend. She's hidden her face under the frame because her nose has gone all blotchy..."

"There you are Em," Hermione yawned, 

"I've got something to tell you," Harry began, but he was interrupted by Fred and George, who had looked in to congratulate Ron on infuriating Percy again.

"Come on, don't you think you've caused him enough pain?" Hermione muttered.

"Come on Boring Granger, be more like Evangeline, Fun Granger" George said walking around them. She rolled her eyes.

After getting ready, we headed down to breakfast, where Mr. Weasley was reading the front page of the Daily Prophet with a furrowed brow and Mrs. Weasley was telling  Ginny about a love potion she'd made as a young girl. Both of them were rather giggly.

"What were you saying?" I asked Harry as they sat down.

"Later," Harry muttered as Percy stormed in.

For the next hour or so, no one spoke to another, we were too busy heaving all our trunks down the Leaky Cauldron's narrow staircase and piling them up near the door, with Hedwig, Athena, and Hermes, Percy's screech owl, perched on top in their cages. A small wickerwork basket stood beside the heap of trunks, spitting loudly.

"It's all right, Crookshanks," Hermione cooed through the wickerwork. "I'll let you out on the train."

"You won't," snapped Ron. "What about poor Scabbers, eh?"

He pointed at his chest, where a large lump indicated that Scabbers was curled up in his pocket.

Mr. Weasley, who had been outside waiting for the Ministry cars, stuck his head inside.

"They're here, he said. " Come on."

Mr. Weasley marched us across the short stretch of pavement toward the first of two old-fashioned dark green cars, each of which was driven by a furtive-looking wizard wearing a suit of emerald velvet.

"In you get," said Mr. Weasley, glancing up and down the crowded street.

We all piled into the car, but to Ron's disgust, Percy was there as well.

The journey to King's Cross was very uneventful. The Ministry of Magic cars seemed almost ordinary, not quite Mum and Dads, but its okay. We reached King's Cross with twenty minutes to spare; the Ministry drivers found us trolleys, unloaded our trunks, touched their hats in salute to Mr. Weasley, and drove away, somehow managing to jump to the head of an unmoving line at the traffic lights.

"Right then," he said, glancing around them. "Let's do this in pairs, as there are so many of us. I'll go through first with Harry."

"I guess we're next," I said to Mione. 

"Hey do you think I could go with one of you?" Ron said nervously, looking at Percy. 

"Go with George, Ron. I'll go with Evangeline." Fred said, rolling his eyes. 

I shrugged and fast walked through the barrier.

I suddenly got that blast of familiarness. Soon, the rest of the Weasley's and Hermione appeared.

"Ah, there's Penelope!" said Percy, smoothing his hair and going pink again. I caught Harry's eye, and we both turned away to hide our laughter as Percy strode over to a girl with long, curly hair, walking with his chest thrown out so that she couldn't miss his shiny badge.