School Life Part II

After Defense Against the Dark Arts, I had to go pick up Fred's package. He nearly screamed when I told him I would do it. "God Evangeline I love you!" he had squealed. I had laughed as my face burned up. As my thoughts drifted, I reached the astronomy tower where there was a box labeled "Books" I assumed that was the box I needed.

I crouched down to pick it up and then I remembered I was a witch. "Come on Em, think" I took out my wand and chanted "Wingardium Leviosa" The box lifted about 2 feet into the air. I smiled, proud of myself. I turned and saw the face of Professor Severus Snape.

"Miss Granger what do you think you're doing?" he said in his suspicious way.

"Nothing Sna- I mean Professor, just picking some stuff up" I stuttered, praying someone would come up.

"What stuff?" he replied, putting emphasis on stuff.

"Books!" I said rather enthusiastically to him. My heart was pounding and my face felt warm.

"May I see, Miss Granger?" his hand reaching for the box.

I turned and said "Yes sir" Sweat was trickling down my forehead. This was it, I'm getting expelled. I tried to do it as slowly as possible but Snape started tapping his foot.

"Please hurry Miss Granger I have a class to teach soon." I chuckled nervously. Then, my guardian angel appeared.

"WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!" a kid yelled outside. Snape grumbled.

"I'll be right back Miss Granger" he stared into my aqua eyes. I tucked my brown hair behind my ear and the red accents at the end hit my shoulders. He grunted and turned to leave.

I exhaled. Then, I had an idea. I put an actual book in the box and whispered "Geminio"

The book glowed and started multiplying. Soon they covered the rest of the supplies so I waved my wand and the multiplying stopped. Just in time Snape came back.

"Well Miss Granger let's see those books," he said with a smirk.

"With pleasure," I smiled. I moved to show him the many, many copies of Quidditch through the Ages.

"Why are there this many?" he inquired.

My quick thinking skills were put to the test. "I got them for the Quidditch team," I answered.

"Hmph"he nodded and left. I sighed and touched my heart. It slowed down. That was close. I picked up the box and put a cloaking charm on it. I walked back to the common room where Fred was waiting

"Evangeline! You got it!" he beamed, "Thanks," he muttered as he saw Harry come in. I smiled at him and walked to Harry.

"What did you wanna talk about, Potter" I asked. He shuffled around uncomfortably.

"Right, so Em, when I collapsed and stuff on the train." he stuttered, I nodded for him to go on. "Well, I kinda heard someone screaming. A woman. And someone else. You." his ears turned pink. Woah, I thought to myself. "Oh," was the only sound I could make.

"Yeah, super creepy." he said.

"No, its sweet," I told him grinning, "it shows you care."

"Oh I'm really happy that's all you think of it. Because when I told Ron he thought you'd think that I-" he cut off, "nevermind. Anyway, goodnight" he stuttered.

I wonder what he meant. After this I went straight to my room. As I got ready to go to sleep I thought "2 down, 1 to go"

-=+=-

In no time at all, Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favorite class. Only Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin.