#8 Dean - First hunt gone bad

Y/N p.o.v:

You were very excited. Dean was letting you go on your first hunt. With him and Sam of course. It was a simple salt and burn, but nonetheless a hunt. You had all your stuff packed and in Baby all ready. You were just waiting for Dean. You were in the back while Sam was in the front. Dean was still getting his stuff ready. You were sure he was just stalling because it took weeks to get him to agree to let you hunt. Finally, you saw him come out of the bunker and get in. He threw his stuff by you and started the car.
"Y/N, are you sure you want to do this?" Dean asked nervously. You groaned.
"Yes, Dean! How many times are you going to ask that?" You asked him.
"Until you change your mind." He said quietly. He glared at him through the review mirror.
"I'm not going to change my mind." You grumbled at him. You and Dean had been together for a while now. He was constantly worried about you. When he went on hunts he always made Cas babysit you or drop you off at Bobby's. (Bobby is alive in this one.) Dean started the long drive to Tulsa where the hunt was.

~~~~~~~~~

You finally pulled in to a motel and got a room. You set your stuff down by the bed and lied down on it. You got barely any sleep during the drive here.
"Tired?" Dean asked. You answered his question by pulling the covers over your body and curling into a ball. You heard Dean chuckle.
"I'll take that as a yes." He whispered. You felt lips being pressed to your forehead and it made you smile. He walked back over to the couch.
"Get some sleep. Me and Sam will start researching. Maybe even go check out the house." Dean said. You sat up and glared at him.
"Dean Winchester, you will wake me up if you decide to go check out the house. You promised me." You said in a low voice. He sighed and looked back at you.
"I know." He said. You smiled at him a little.
"I'll be fine." You whispered and lied back down.

~~~~~~~~

Let's just say, you weren't fine. The ghost got pretty pissed off at you and gashed your side. Although, Dean didn't know that. All he knew was that you had seriously pissed off the ghost. Sam was out finding the body, which happened to be inside the house, while you and Dean we're stalling. You were slowly bleeding out, but ignored the pain. You didn't want Dean to find out. Finally, when the ghost was about to kill you, it lit up in flames with a screech. You stood up gasping a little. You looked at Dean and he was glaring at you. You grunted softly. Everything was starting to spot.
"I should have never agreed to this. All you did was fuck up the hunt! You are such a fuck up, Y/N!" Dean yelled at you. He walked out of the room to go find Sam. You and Dean had your fair share of fights, but he never said stuff like this. You bowed your head and prayed for Castiel to come. After a second, you heard the flutter of wings. You looked up and saw Cas in front of you.
"Y/N, are you alright?" He asked.
"I'm bleeding out, Cas. I don't know if I can make it. But please don't tell Dean." You told him softly. He looked at you before placing 2 fingers on your forehead. You saw Cas look at you in confusion.
"I don't understand. You should be healed." He mumbled. You coughed and felt blood trickle down your chin. You smiled at him before collapsing.
"Y/N!" He yelled, but it sounded far away. The last thing you saw was Dean running towards you.

~~~~~~~

You woke up to an annoying beeping noise. You opened your eyes and looked around. You don't know how, but you were alive. You saw a figure sleeping on a chair by the window. The more you studied the figure the more you came to realize that it was Dean. You heard the door open and looked towards it. You saw a very tall figure walk in.
"Y/N? Oh my God! You're awake!" He whispered yelled. You smiled and tried to sit up, but only ended up grunting in pain. Sam ran over to you and helped you sit up.
"You've been out for almost a week. Dean hasn't left or eaten. This is the first time he's slept at all this week as far as I know." Sam said quietly. You looked away.
"What happened? The last thing I remember is that we were on our way to Tulsa." You asked him. He sighed.
"You almost died from blood loss. You lost too much for Cas to heal you, so he flew here. You're lucky you're even alive. Dean blames himself because you got hurt." He said. You shook your head as it all came back. You couldn't understand why Dean would think that it was his fault when you were the one who pissed off the ghost.
"He shouldn't." You whispered. You didn't want Sam to know what Dean had said to you.
"Yeah, I know, but he does. He also said that he regrets everything he said to you. What does he mean?" Sam asked. You looked away. Sam was your best friend, but you knew he'd probably snap at his brother for something he didn't mean.
"Nothing you need to worry about." You said with a fake smile. What Dean had said hurt, but you didn't want him or Sam to know that. Sam saw right through you. He frowned at you, but didn't push it. You heard shuffling from over where Dean was and saw that he was waking up. He opened his eyes and they immediately went to you. He shot up out of his chair and was by your side in an instant.
"You're awake. Oh my God!" Dean said loudly. You nodded, but looked away from him. Sam glared at his brother and stood up.
"I'll let you two talk, but, Dean, I swear to God if you say something that hurts her again, I'll kill you." Sam growled and walked out of the room.
"Y/N, I'm so sorry for what I said to you! You aren't a fuck up, I swear. I was just so upset that you had gotten hurt. It was my fault and I'm sorry." Dean said. You looked at him and sighed.
"It's not your fault, Dean. I was the one who pissed off the ghost. Not you. So, don't go around saying that it was your fault." You told him.
"I'm still really sorry for what I said. I went too far." He whispered. You looked away, not wanting to talk about the fight or what he said. You look at him and faked a smile.
"I know you you didn't mean it, Dean. It's okay." You said. For how many smiles he's faked, he always believes yours.
"I love you, so please, stop giving me smiles that don't mean anything." He whispered. You looked away as your lip trembled.
"It still hurts even though I knew that you didn't mean what you said." You whispered brokenly. Dean motioned for you to scoot over. You did as he wanted and watched as he got in beside you. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close.
"I'll make it up to you, Y/N. I promise." Dean whispered. You nodded and cuddled into his side.

He made it up to you by bringing you on a date to a fancy restaurant and then afterwards you guys just drove around. Then, he drove up a dirt road to a field where you guys had a fun night in the Impala ;)

A/N:

Yep.. this was bad.