Castle

«§»

Prince Roman was bored.  Usually ruling a kingdom was exciting: dragons to battle, maidens to save, people to meet, dances to attend, and battles to fight.  But the nearby kingdom had ended their war, there were no dragons nearby now, the demons has retreaded to Tartarus, there were no major events upcoming, and all the maidens in danger had been saved for the moment.

It was moments like this that Roman didn't like his job.  He was currently signing paperwork in his office to refurbish the orphanage due to the last one being horribly inadequate.  Roman skimmed through and placed his signature on the bottom.  He set the paper on the pile of finished work.

The unfinished work still loomed.  He sighed and stood, needing a moment to clear his mind.  Quickly leaving his office he skipped past several servants and nobles in the castle and grabbed his second favorite sword from the rack near the door.  He jogged to the stable and greeted the stable boy, Zak.  He liked to be called Toon though. 

"Hello, Toon!  Is Alanah saddled?"

Toon smiled, "Of course."  He tipped his red hat and let Alanah out.

She was a beautiful sleek caramel horse with white spots and a dark brown mane. Roman smiled and mounted, careful to be sure his sword didn't hit her.

With a nod to Zak, Roman rode off on Alanah.  Out the castle gates, to freedom.

«§»

Ta da!  Sorry that this is really short but I'll probably update soon.  Btw, I don't really know any horse breeds.  If anyone has any ideas of what kind of horse this is, please tell me!
Thanks and see ya later somebody, anybody, and everybody!