xx. the drunk and tempered

THROUGHOUT THURSDAY, CASSIE and Justin didn't talk, nor interact at all

   THROUGHOUT THURSDAY, CASSIE and Justin didn't talk, nor interact at all. She didn't set foot into the cafeteria, and she kept her eyes on Ms. Bradley, or her book in Communications. Luckily, that was the only class she had with Justin, besides homeroom, which wasn't exactly a class.

   On Friday, it was all the same, except when Bryce approached her and switched up her plans for the night.

"Hey, Classy Cas," Bryce greeted, as he placed his hand on the wall to lean against, "I'm having a little thing tonight with the boys, you're invited."

"Little thing?" Cassie asked confused.

"You know, a couple beers, a couple boys, just people conversing with each other and having fun," he explained, a smirk dangling on his face.

"Whose going to be there?" She inquired, making sure a certain somebody's name wouldn't be mentioned.

"You're wondering if Justin will be there, but don't worry. I'll make sure he isn't. It's just Zach, Alex, Montgomery, and a couple guys from the team," Bryce stated, the smirk never leaving his face.

Cassie crossed her arms, "sounds like trouble."

Her decision was between yes and no, but for the right reasons. Yes, because it gave her a chance to finally confront Bryce about what he did to Hannah, and no, because while a good confrontation was tempting, Bryce might seriously hurt her or worse. He was a rapist, there was no telling what he would do. Anything could spin out of control, and even though Cassie thought she was doing it for Hannah, she knew Hannah would never approve of this.

Bryce shrugged meaninglessly, "also sounds like fun. When's the last time you let loose?"

Cassie remembered the party from about month ago, the same party where Justin slept with another girl. It brought back bad memories, so it was easy for her to push it to the back of her head.

Cassie made a decision, "too long, I guess."

"So you'll go?" He questioned, the smirk transforming into a smile.

"I have to say no," Cassie answered with a frown.

Before Bryce could argue, Cassie was already stepping backwards to walk away, and seconds later she was already moving towards one of the entrances of the school to leave.

   Now, at home she wondered if saying no was a bad idea. Going to Bryce's house and being the only girl of a bunch of drunk boys was certainly not a good idea, but she wanted to know why someone could go as far as to rape someone and live with themselves. "How could Bryce walk around knowing he did that?" Cassie thought to herself.

Grabbing her car keys, Cassie flattened out the striped shirt she wore, and climbed into her car. She started the engine, and drove over to the rich part of town where Bryce lived; where the houses were humongous, and the teenagers who lived in them were mostly rude, cocky, and obnoxious.