dos

When I Say That, I Miss You More
ireoke malhanikka deo bogo shipda
이렇게 말하니까 더 보고 싶다
———————

taehyung had just gotten home from grocery shopping. he placed the two bags onto the counter and sighed. ever since eva died, he didn't eat that much. a few salads here and there but his "diet" consisted mostly of junk food from mcdonalds™.
he had stopped going to work too. everyday there was a call from his boss but taehyung never answered. his job didn't matter now that eva was gone. nothing really mattered ever since eva died.
taehyung didn't go out that much either. he only went out to go to eva's grave and sometimes he saw the boy that was there at the day of the funeral. taehyung found out his name was jeongguk and that he was 23 but taehyung never asked for anymore details. he thought it was disrespectful to be curious about someone else while at a persons grave. this persons grave being his late girlfriend.
taehyung set foot into his room and looked around. his eyes immediately fell onto the picture of him and eva.
suddenly there was a jab at his heart. it was like a pain of remembering the happy moments after it finished. taehyung hated that feeling. he didn't want to remember the fact that the happy memories could no longer be made.
taehyung wanted to forget. so he turned around and headed straight for the door. he opened it and breathed in the smell of rain after it fell. it was one of his favorite smells but it reminded him of sadness too.
he let his feet guide him. they ended up first at the 99 cents store then at the bar. he pulled out a stool and ordered "the strongest thing here". of course the strongest thing there was way stronger than his tolerance.
taehyung slapped his money onto the table and wobbled out of the bar. this time, his heart seemed to guide him instead of his feet.
the gates of the cemetery became bigger as taehyung walked closer to them. he walked past them and then walked to eva's grave, which he could practically do blind. as he got there, he fell drunkenly on the ground. inaudible mumbles were coming out of his mouth but "i miss you's" could be heard.
   "oh hi," a man said.
   taehyung looked up and squinted, "oh jeongguk!"
   he stood up drunkly and pointed his finger to jeongguk's chest.
   "you're always here! why are you always here? are you trying to kill me? iS THIS A CONSPIRACY???? I'LL CALL 911 AND IM NOT AFRAID," taehyung said then shouted.
   "no, I'm not doing any of those things. are you okay? you seem drunk," jeongguk responded.
   "of course I'm drunk! why else would I be acting like this? did you even past elementary school?" taehyung retorted.
   "oh," jeongguk mumbled but then brushed the comment off, "we have to get you home, you shouldn't be out here alone."
   "home? home? i can't leave Eva alone. I can't. I can't. I can't. I miss her, I miss her, I miss her. how come when I say that it makes me miss her more?" taehyung asked.
   jeongguk stood wide eyed, "um, because losing someone you love hurts a lot. and maybe when you miss them you think about all the good memories and you want those memories to happen again but they can't because they are gone. and then we just miss them even more."
    taehyung stayed quiet.
   "let's go home, how about that?" jeongguk asked.
    "yeah, let's go home." taehyung replied.