What about TITLES?

MAKE YOUR TITLE AWESOME, UNIQUE AND CATCHY.

"When you have a catchy title, chances are you attract more readers." These are the words I got from our school paper adviser when we are training for the journalism competition and its true. Having an extraordinary title makes the reader wonder and want to read more. Here are some tips to help you come up with an awesome, unique and catchy title.

Before anyting else, DO NOT USE THESE KIND OF TITLES! My Mate Called Me A Whore And Now I'm Mad At Him; The Alpha  Is Marrying A Nerd? How?; My Dog Just Ran Out Of The Cage And Now I'm Chasing Her! Have you ever seen a published book with those titles? Huh? Huh?

TIP # 1 - Try foreign words like French, Latin or others or you could Old English words to make your title amazing. Yes, they are odd and peculiar but readers will be interested and will read more.

Examples are @RoseofZion's Fayeryes Quercus, @TimMcFarlane's Ultima, @Infatuated's Culinaria L'Amore. Their title words are foreign yet they make question in the reader's minds like "What is Fayeryes Quercus?" "Is Ultima a girl?" Questions like those interest the readers, well for me.

TIP # 2  - Make sure that your title is somehow connected to the character, the setting, the plot and/or the whole story. Do not just use random words just for the sake of uniqueness and popularity.

An example of which is the story I have read a month ago entitled, "The Locket". Its not on the internet, its the work of my classmate. I read the story and surprisingly, the locket has no connections with the character, the setting, the plot and/or the whole story.

TIP # 3 - Make sure your title fits the genre. List. Ask. Change/Pursue. What are they? These is the process I use in order to make a catchy title. 

* Make a list of titles you want. Eliminate the titles you don't want as time comes.
*  Ask people on what they think about it and what genre comes to their mind when they read it.
* If they said the same thing on your mind, pursue the title.  If they answer a different thing, then ask them and if their answer is reasonable enough, change it into something more unique.

An example of which is a story on Yahoo! Answers (she just posted it into the Books & Authors category), its entitled "Bonded Forever". What comes to your mind and what genre do you think it is? A girl meets boy then falls inlove together? An owner and a pet that survive challenges? Romance? No, none of the answers. Its an Action/Mystery story that an agent was glued on an old factory and its literally, "Bonded Forever". See what I mean? People expect.