Dishonesty

Crash's POV:
They told you to get in the taxi, while Culture brought your suitcases. It was 1 pm and you were just discharged from the ER. However, you were now on your way to the mental institution.

"Lie my way through, lie my way through," you reminded yourself. You would say you were fine, you didn't want to commit suicide anymore, all lies.

☆time skip☆

At the hospital, you were led to your dorm that you shared with another person. He seemed disinterested in everything and didn't answer your questions. He just sat there, staring out the window.

You picked a book from your suitcase, titled "Dark Matter" by Greg Isles. You weren't actually that interested, but hey, what did you have better to do? They took all your electronics.

"My name is Anlow, by the way," blurted the other person randomly

Well, he didn't actually say it, he signed it. You could see him clearly in your peripheral vision.

Anlow... unique.

☆time skip☆

The mental institution wasn't very interesting. The canteen wasn't very interesting. The bathrooms weren't very interesting. The dorms weren't very interesting. The garden wasn't very interesting. The halls weren't very interesting. The leisure room wasn't very interesting.

Then there was the therapy room.

Well, the room itself was downright boring, but the therapist was nice. Maybe? You weren't sure. You quietly sat down in the chair opposite her, with a desk to the sides.

"Hello, Crash, I'm Aria. How are you?" she asked you.

"I'm great! I'm as happy as can be!" you fabricated, terribly.

"Well Crash, that's great to hear, but I think that's a bit of an untruth," she calmly stated. "I'd like to talk to you about the reason you're here."

You gulped air - uncomfortable.

"It says here..." she began, flicking through some papers. "That you attempted suicide twice. Happy people don't really do that. I was hoping you'd tell me why?"

"Existential crisis went too far. I'm okay now." Dishonesty at it's finest.

"Are you sure that is the reason? And you could just have another one," Aria voiced.

"Yes, that's the reason! I, uh, know what to think; that I, even though everything is pointless, should continue to live and make a point for myself to live."*

"Hmmm... it seems that you are fine. I'll check up on you tomorrow at 2 pm, and if you are the same way, it'll be safe to discharge you. At this rate, you'll go home on Christmas Eve!"

You were doing very well.

☆time skip☆

At 2 pm the next day, when Aria had asked to see you again, you victoriously kept up the happy act, right through questions like:

How are you?

Are you feeling the same way as yesterday?

Do you feel safe going home?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

"I'm good! And you?"

"Yep, definitely!"

"Very safe. My life is great!"

"Mm-hmm."

"100%."

"Yes."

And with that, you were discharged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: *Free solution to an existential crisis, whoop whoop! ┏(・o・)┛ ♪ ┗ (・o・) ┓

I mean, you can just say "but what's the point in making a point? Even the point is pointless," but in that case, you are just pessimistic and ruining this for everyone. Anyways, pessimists don't live as long as optimists and realists (or whatever the people in the middle are called) so you must be happy about that.

BYE GUYS ^(>w<)^