5

It seemed as though now was the perfect time for Kou to confess. Kou had been wanting to do it for a while, but he didn't know when or how to. But since (y/n) was right there in front of him, and since (y/n) had just thanked him, he felt good enough to do it.
"Hey, (y/n)....There's something I've been wanting to say for a while now..."
"What?"
"I....I like you! I've liked you for so long now, will you go out with me?"
(Y/n) was shocked at the sudden confession. Suddenly everything made sense to (y/n). Kou was jealous of Yuu! But...did (y/n) like Kou? No. Because, (y/n) avoided Kou and stopped being his friend for a reason. Right?

Choices:
A - Reject him harshly
B - Reject him but be nice about it

Choice A:
"Kou...are you joking? This has to be a joke, right?" (Y/n) scoffed at Kou.
"Huh?" Kou questioned.
"You know...there's a reason why I'm not your friend anymore, why I avoided you, why I stopped talking to you. You...you're crazy!"
It might have been that (y/n) didn't notice it, or it might have been that (y/n) noticed it and ignored it, but the face on Kou was warping into a flood of emotions.
"Just because you helped me, doesn't mean you can get ahead of yourself. I could have easily moved out of the way without your help"
"...so...so you're saying that....?" Kou whispered.
"No, I won't"

Choice B:
"Sorry, Kou, but..." (Y/n) tried to think of an accuse to reject him nicely.
Maybe that he already liked someone? Or something else?
"But...I'm not ready to be in a relationship right now..." (Y/n) finally said.
(Y/n) wondered if that was ok, but failed to notice the look on Kou's face because his face was down.
"...so...you're...rejecting me?"
"Yeah, sorry" (y/n) replied.
Kou said nothing as they stood there for a couple of seconds.

Continued Part:
No...no! This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be happening! Kou's dream of being with (y/n) was falling apart. That happy image he created in his mind was fading away. The only thing he ever wanted was being taken away from him. No!
"Is it because of him?" Kou whispered. "Because of Yuu?"
(Y/n) looked shocked at Kou.
"What are you talking about?" (Y/n) answered.
"I know...I know you like him more than me!" Kou shouted as tears began filling his eyes.
He couldn't do it anymore. Kou began running away, leaving a confused (y/n) standing there.
Kou knew very well. It was all Yuu's fault! If Yuu wasn't there, Kou would have been with (y/n)! Kou's sadness was beginning to be replaced with another emotion. One that began to slowly chip away at him. Anger. His hands craved for destruction, for him to cause someone to suffer as much as he's suffering himself. And he knew exactly where to aim that anger at. The man that was guilty of taking (y/n).
"Just wait, I'll kill you soon enough..."