Their First Encounter

Harry was new to all of this. His aunt and uncle had always been unpleasant, however he never would have thought they would lie to him. 

Hagrid, who was apparently gamekeeper at his new school, had told him he was a wizard along with both his parents. He even told him who killed his parents. It had turned out they were not in a car crash and. They were killed by an evil wizard - Voldemort. As soon as he said the name aloud, Hagrid looked almost startled. They now just refer to him as he-who-must-not-be-named. 

He was ready to go on the platform when he realized it had said 9 3/4. Harry knew this was it. They must have given him the wrong ticket as there wasn't a platform with that number. He walked down the station, towards the nearest exit when he heard someone call after him. 

"Hey! Wait up! He-" 

Harry had turned around he was sure whoever that young girl was calling to it was probably him. 

"I'm Hermione Granger, and you are, Harry Potter?"

"Yes I-I'm Harry." he managed to put together 

"First year at Hogwarts as well? Well, my family doesn't come from-er-a wizard background, Anyway I have read everything I need to know in books and from what I can tell it looks like your stuck on how to get to the platform?"

"Yes" Harry admitted "how do we do it?"

"Here" She said as she stuck out hand, and with that Harry took it. "Now we're going to walk straight into that wall, you won't crash unless you hesitate. Oh, and make sure no muggles are looking, then we would get in trouble with the ministry of magic, and that would not be a good first impression to Hogwarts."

They looked around before running towards the wall. This got Harry really nervous as if they did crash every one would be watching. However when Harry opened his eyes he was surprised to see he was in a platform he had never seen before. Not that he'd been on loads of trains before, in fact he'd hardly ever been as his Aunt and Uncle kept him locked up all day. 

Hermione rushed Harry on the train as she wanted a good spot, one with a nice big window where she could have the nice and biggest view of Hogwarts when they arrived .

"Here" said Hermione "This spots just perfect for the view of Hogwarts-and I bet that Draco Malfoy would wish he had gotten on the train earlier." Hermione seemed to sense Harry didn't know what she was talking about. "You know who Malfoy is, don't you?"

Harry shook his head. He knew little to none wizards or witches, but by the way she described him reminded him of how Hagrid described Voldemort. So with that in mind Harry had asked if he was like he-who must-not-be-named (remembering not to speak his name).

Hermione scoffed. "He might as well. Harry there are rumors, rumors that they worked or served him at the time of his power rising."

"Oh" Harry muttered almost inaudible. He was not focused on anything besides the fact that Malfoy's parents might have served the wizard who tried to kill his. Hermione looked almost puzzled, she had expected him to be outraged but instead looked puzzled for a few seconds longer when her expressions went soft.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I probably shouldn't have told you that. I forgot about you know..." Her voice seemed soft and caring, she was a little pink in the cheeks and her golden-brown hair covered most her face with embarrassment. Harry thought she looked more beautiful than the sunset behind her, even though he didn't know it, this was only the start of something amazing.

"What" Hermione had noticed him upset again, except this time he wasn't upset. He would have to lie and make something up and hope she didn't notice his cheeks which had gone slightly pink.