Quidditch

It was a nice morning, the Great Hall seemed to be filled with loads of Hogwarts students doing their homework or just simply enjoying the huge feast.

Hermione kept talking about her favorite class Ancient Ruins, which happened to be Harry's as well because he always did well since Hermione couldn't stop talking about it, but when she would talk about it made sense, one of the few at Hogwarts that did.

Right in the middle of Harry and Hermione's conversation hundreds of owls flew in. One just happened to drop something right in front of Neville, causing Harry and Hermione to look down the table.

"What do you think it could be." Ron said between bites of food, while Neville was rushing to open the small package.

When the package opened, a small crystal-like ball had appeared.

"Harry, could that...could it really be-" Hermione started to say in a faint whisper to Harry.

"What? What is it?"

"It's a small crystal ball, unless you've lost something, in which case it shows you what you've lost and where it is."

"Just what he needed."

Hermione smiled then look up at Harry. She was about to walk back to their spot with Harry, when Malfoy showed up.

"Hey" Malfoy said as he grabbed the sphere from Neville "Crabbe, Goyle, either of you know what this is?"

They both shrugged in return.

Some of the Gryffindors and Slytherins got into arguments about the crystal ball. Neither house recognized how loud they had gotten until Professor McGonagall, the transfiguration teacher and headmaster of Gryffindor came over to her house table.

"What seems to be the matter here?" McGonagall said in a calmly manner

"Um...he...I mean Draco took my crystal sphere." Neville stuttered

"Well, Mr Malfoy, do see that you give that back to Longbottom."

"I was just looking" Draco played it off and tossed the ball back to Neville.

* * * * *

The next day, Harry and Hermione walked into the Great Hall to find out that today was their first day riding brooms. Madame Hooch had told them ever since the first day of school that they would start riding brooms soon, but always ended up lecturing about safety instead. Harry and Hermione were so excited that they dropped what they were doing to see the flyer posted on the back wall of the Great Hall, right next to the entrance.

"Blimey Harry, can you believe it? All year we've been waiting for this." Hermione couldn't contain her excitement.

"I didn't know you liked sports" Harry always thought Hermione just seemed interested in her academics at Hogwarts.

"Now don't be silly, Harry. It's not that I like sports, it's that I like extra curriculars. If I want to work for the Rights of Subjected Creatures in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, I don't only need good grades, I need things like Quidditch to help.

"Oh, no" Harry tried to change the subject because he had no idea what half the words she just said actually meant "Look."

"What is it?"

"Slytherin will be practicing with us today."

"Well that's just great. How am I supposed to practice Quidditch when Malfoy and his goons are standing right over my shoulder waiting for me to make a mistake."