The almost-duel

"So the wizard duel" Harry breathed out

"You'll do great, Harry." Hermione says through a smile

"Yea, 'cause you'll be backing me up."

"We make a good team." She smiles

"Well it's should be about time..." Harry trailed off, Malfoy could hurt either one of them...hopefully it wouldn't be Hermione.

"Yea...lets go then"

We were heading to the astronomy tower when we heard Professor McGonagall scold two young kids.

"And what exactly are you two doing wondering the halls after curfew?" She said with her usual strict tone.

"We were-it-its Potter's fault." Stammered out Malfoy, who was surprisingly disoriented.

"Then where is, Mr. Potter?"

"He'll be here any second! Unless he isn't as brave as Granger thought!"

"Unless he has some common sense! Now come with me Mr. Malfoy, you too Goyle, you can be assured Professor Snape will be informed of these outrageous actions!" Professor McGonagall turned on her heels and Malfoy and Goyle had followed behind her.

Hermione gasped and tried to hide out of sight.

"Harry! Harry, get back we'll get into trouble!" Hermione panicked

"Wait there then, 'Mione." Harry called back to her

Malfoy passed by the corner Harry was standing, and as he glanced over, he locked eyes with Harry.

In return of the disgusted expression Malfoy gave Harry, he gave a cheeky grin. Which, had been enough at this point.

"Professor!" Malfoy cried

"What is it now?" McGonagall asked, showing annoyance in her voice.

Though Hermione and Harry took off down the hall, and went out of sight.

They entered the common room giggling at the night's events.

"I could've sworn Malfoy was so mad he'd kill us!" Harry laughed

"Or worse, McGonagall would have us expelled!" Hermione said, and although she was probably genuinely worried about that, she was still laughing about it.

(I had to include that line 😂 I wanted it with a twist though, so hopefully it's not bad)

"Bloody hell! Where have you two been!" Ron was waiting in the common room.

"Oh it's a long story..." Harry explained

"You two were snogging weren't you?"

"Grow up, Ronald! Of course we weren't snogging! We're 11!" She seemed totally annoyed with his comment. "Goodnight Harry, I'll see you in the Great Hall tomorrow morning."

She was gone, and Harry was left in an uncomfortable position, he wasn't exactly friends with Ron.

"Blimey Harry! You like her don't you!" Ron exclaimed once Hermione was out of earshot.

"No-no, its not--" Harry started to explain himself.

"C'mon Harry, muggles are clueless, not wizards! Especially me, I play chess ya know."
Where was this going? Harry thought
"And wizard chess is probably the most challenging thing anyone could ever do. Here I'll teach you."

So that night Harry stayed up late to play chess with Ron. Hermione had forgiven him with the troll incident, and though Harry had been a little more hesitant...he could now say he was friends with Ronald Weasley.

I feel terrible having such a short chapter, but I wanted something out because of the long break.
Anyways I like this chapter, because of Hermione and her famous quote.
I think I'll pick off with fourth year after this, I want to see their relationship develop, but now they're only 11, so they really...can't. It will also probably have POV's so we can go into Hermione's thoughts on Harry entering the tournament.
I want to know any suggestions you guys have, because I want to incorporate your ideas as much as possible.