Chapter 2: The Daily Prophet

Chapter 2

October 26, 2003

October 26, 2003

THE WEASLEY MYSTERY

THE WEASLEY MYSTERY

8:00 AM TUESDAY, THE BURROW. Aurors are baffled by an incident at the Burrow. Several members of the Weasley family have disappeared without a trace, including Hermione Granger, fiancé to the Weasley's youngest son and a close friend of Harry Potter, the boy who lived. George Weasley returned home late Wednesday evening in anticipation of his brothers approaching nuptials to Ms. Granger.

"I returned home to find the place completely ransacked, blood all over the floor. It looks like there was a fight here." The upset young men stated this morning to out reporters. "I just want to know what had happened to my family, my brothers and I are all very upset.

Aurors have tested the blood found on the scene, and have found samples matching both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, their daughter, Ginny, and their son Ronald. However, no trace of Hermione has been found, leading some of those working the case to question how the young woman was connected.

Miffy Trinkleton, the wedding planner overseeing the union between Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger has told the daily prophet that the young bride to be had been under a lot of stress.

"Just the past weekend she had the wrong orders of dresses come in. Pink tulle had been miswritten on the order as mink tulle, and she had received an entire order of dresses with furry skirts," the planner told our interviewer. "She was devastated, as you could imagine."