Chapter 9: Lucky

Chapter 9

Draco was cutting the air in frenzied strikes as the man proceeded to move towards him

Draco was cutting the air in frenzied strikes as the man proceeded to move towards him. He faintly heard his name being called by a familiar voice, but he was too wrapped up in preventing the monster currently snapping his teeth at him like a furious doxy. The problem was, he knew the antidote for Doxy venom. He wasn't sure there was one for whatever it was that infected the man.

And if he let him get close enough, the man would eat him alive.

A shout of triumph escaped his lips as he finally hit the man square on the head. However, the hit wasn't deep enough. The skull cracked around the axe's blade, but it was not far in enough to cause the significant damage he needed to the man's brain. Draco made to jerk his arm back, pulling his weapon. But it was lodged and unmoving as he tried to pry it free, the stick leather handle slipping in his sweaty palms.

Draco's eyes grew wide.

The man appeared to take on a maniacal grin, snapping at him only inches away as Draco held the axe in his hand, the handle slipping closer to him as his grip gave way against the strength of the hungry undead man. He reached out to Draco, trying to pull him towards his gurgling and bloody mouth.

"Malfoy! Over here!"

That voice, He knew that voice, he had started to think he may never hear the narcissistic Slytherin's drawl again...

"Seriously, Malfoy, c'mon!"

Now it was Granger.

Darting his eyes towards the two, he briefly glimpsed Granger and Zabini next to the ladder on the side of the trailer. A woman was stumbling towards them, falling over the body of the younger girl with a hammer sticking out of her head.

A hand landed on his arm in a vice-like grip, pulling the wizard towards him as Draco's distracted eyes had been elsewhere.

Panicking, Draco tried to shake him off, nearly falling on his backside as he stepped back blindly over some of the scattered camping supplies. He could hear the man's blood-filled mouth gurgling as it breathed air into dead, nonworking lungs.

"Draco!" Granger's voice was frantic, likely because of the other muggle nearing them where they waited for him. Draco swallowed his fear and gave the axe a hard jerk, pulling it free, his arm flying and nearly losing the grip on his weapon as he turned to sprint. He stumbled over the uneven ground, reaching where his comrades were climbing the side of the trailer.

Draco took to the ladder just behind Granger. Her feet slipped, slowing down her ascent as she tried to quickly get to the top. Draco had to pause his upward climb, just as he felt a hand grip his leg.

"Bloody hell!"

He looked down to see the woman. Her eyes were pale as they looked up at him, her gnarled hand gripping his leg as she pulled it to her mouth.