Prolouge

I remember it well; the day was rainy and bleak, the night was unforgiving and cold, but the people walking with me warmed my little ten year old heart. A stocky little boy with reddish brown hair and cute little dimples by the name of Jonah and a sweet dirty blonde with a big laugh by the name of Hannah. They were my best friends in the whole wide world, and I used to think that nothing could ever break us apart.
That's what I used to think. Everything would change in the blink of an eye, and would never be able to return to normal.
I skipped behind my friends as they argued over who the best power ranger was.
"The yellow one it totally the best!! She's awesome!" Hannah stated with a satisfied 'hmph' at the end of her sentence. I smiled at her sassyness. I loved her short temper and firecracker enthusiasm.
"But the red one is sooooo much cooler!! He's the leader of the entire operation! Without him they wouldn't have the power rangers!!" Jonah pleaded, his brown eyes wide and forgiving. I liked that he was wittier than most and could still fight back in a tight situation. They kept arguing as we walked and they turned around at the stop sign to look at me.
"Farley, which one do you think is better?" They said in unison. I smiled at them and laughed.
"I think they're both great! They're both so strong and brave!" I stated happily. Hannah and Jonah looked at each other, looked at me, and burst out in a fit of laughing. They turned and started to cross the road without looking both ways first.
I frowned at their stupidity, but gasped when I saw a car speeding down the road towards them. I screamed their names at the top my lungs and after that everything went in what seemed like slow motion.
I ran at them with my arms outstretched as they looked at me in horror. The headlights shone in my eyes and on my face, reflecting off of my hands as they collided with my friends chests. I pushed with all of my might and they flew to the sidewalk screaming my name and stretching their arms out to me. The car connected with my side first and then the slow motion ended and my body went flying. It rolled over a couple of times and silence fell over the world for a few seconds. Then the screaming began. I heard Hannah and Jonah screaming and a grown man's voice and then sirens. My best friend's faces came into view and they each grabbed one of my hands. Pain had begun to spread throughout my entire body and all I wanted to do was sleep.
I parted my lips and said with all of the energy I could muster, my final words.
"I love you guys, you know that?"
With that my world went black.