32

"Why?" Derek asked angrily. "Scott I specifically asked you to stay away from. To not get involve with her because it will only bring her into our mess."

"I know and I'm sorry. I just, look, setting my feelings aside, you weren't you yesterday. I thought that if I brought her to young you it would help and make things easier."

"But it ended in her getting hurt."

"She's fine."

"She's not fine, Scott. She's never had to go through what we go through."

"Why did you turn her then?"

"I didn't." Derek replied calmly making Scott look up confused. "Days after Paige's funeral, I went to her and told her everything even about me. I owed it her. We stayed in contact. It was about two years ago she called me and told me what happened. I came down to her immediately."

"You thought she wasn't going to make it."

"Yeah." Derek nodded. When she did, I stayed for a couple of months until she had it figured out."

"Figured out?" Scott asked confused. "You mean she found her anchor right?"

"Yeah."

•••

"I'm just not hungry. I just- I'm going to bed I have school in the morning." Scott could hear the pain in Andy's voice. He could hear that her voice was going to break any minute.

Once Andy walked into her bedroom, shutting the door, she stood there scared out of her mind, tears sliding down her face. The images of the Berserkers nearly killing her is what had her so scared. That and along with nearly dying at the the hands of Kate Argent.

Before she could even breakdown, Scott appeared making her jump before he reached for her and wrapped her in his arms. "I'm so sorry." He whispered to her. " I shouldn't have brought you in. I shouldn't have called you earlier."

He could tell she was crying with the way her body moved fighting for more air. As she continued letting it out, Scott slowly led her towards her bed where he helped her get comfortable buy taking off her jacket and shoes.

"Are you okay on your own?" Scott asked her.
When she nodded starring down at the floor, Scott felt better and already. "I need to get home, but I'll see you at school tomorrow, okay.?"

When she didn't say anything this time. He apologized one more time before kissing her head and leaving through her window.