Ella and Thomas

The sound of heavy boots woke Emma. She slowly opened her eyes, not sure where she was. Her eyes slowly accustomed to the bright sunlight. She sat up and stretched. She was in Killians cabin on the Jolly Roger and the ship was moving. Emma looked surprised. Suddenly all the memories of the last day came back. The big goodbye, their first night together on the Jolly. The begin of their journey.

Emma got up and dressed. She put her hair up and looked into the large mirror next to Killians bed. Their bed. She smiled. She did it. She finally did it. A whole year together with her boyfriend.

No parents who could interrupt, no balls or other royal commitments. Freedom.

That was everything she ever wished for and now she will have it. An entire year without any obligations.

She wasn't sure if she was allowed to use the hatch, so she decided to take the longer path up on deck. She passed some crew members, who greeted her or just looked up. Finally she stood on deck.

She observed it. It was quite busy. She wasn't used to the tasks of every single crew member so she watched them curiously. She found Killian and watched him fascinated.

He was discussing something with Mr. Smee and a naval officer. He looked stunning. On their journey to Neverland, she wasn't paying any attention, but now she could see that he felt so comfortable on his ship. It was like he was a part of it. (or her, she wasn't still sure how to talk about the ship.)

He moved gracile, he spoke with a fire she didn't know was burning inside him. It was like he had never done anything else. He seemed to be home, doing what he loved and knew.

"Emma!", Killian smiled and she started to walk towards him. Okay it was not walking actually, it was something in between stumbling and hoping not to fall over. How did Killian do this? How did everyone around do it? Okay, Densworth seemed to have the same problems, but all the others seemed to be able to walk as easily as on land.

"Hello princess", Killian said and pulled her closer. She was relieved being safe in his strong arms. She's kissed him and smiled.

"Good morning, Captain." He suddenly started to laugh.

"Morning, sweetheart? It's past noon. You slept like a rock, I checked on you three times since sunrise." Emma blushed.

"I'm sorry, it's so cozy sleeping on the rocking vessel."

"You don't need to apologise, love. You have all rights to sleep as long as you want. No obligations. Remember?!" She smiled and laid her head on his chest.

"I love you, Killian." He kissed the crown of her head.

"Aye. I love you too, Emma." Non of them said a word or moved until someone called Killian.

He broke the hug, but didn't let go of her. His hooked arm was still around her waist, holding her tight. He started to discuss with the man who has called him. After a while he turned to her.

"I need to show you some things later. The route we want to take, the stops we will make. I also want you to get known to my crew. Especially to my first and second mate." He kissed her temple and watched the crew.

Emma laid her head on his shoulder. Killian smiled satisfied. "You know, you can go wherever you want on that ship", he said smiling.

"I know, but I am where I want to be and besides, walking isn't that easy for me. How can you move that easily?!" Killian laughed again.

"Trust me, in a few days you will be moving around as easily as on land. You still have your land legs, but you'll get used to it. Promise." He still had his arm around her. "Come, you must be starving." As on command her belly growled, making her blush.