New Classmate

Lyra found herself in her room with the necklace and a small pouch in her hand, she opened it to fine a few gold coins a note from Queen Amelia: "Lyra I give you these coins to treat yourself you must enjoy spending time in two places and I predict you'll have a new classmate tomorrow."

Lyra put the note down "new classmate but how would the queen know?"
Lyra read the clock and decided to go sleep for the night.

The next day Lyra woke up early and got ready for school she felt something delightful inside her and a faint smile came across her pale face.
She wanted to know who the new classmate was however she has a feeling who it is already.
She got to school and saw Jude the secret realm's wizard, he turned around to face her and smiled "The queen told you that you would have a new classmate so here he is."

Lyra and Jude walked inside the school and Lyra showed him around then soon the school bell rang, it was time for first lesson.
"Hello class!" Said Mr Evans cheerfully.
During the lesson Jude and Lyra helped each other out with the work most of the students were surprised that Lyra was talking and others were jealous because the handsome boy chose Lyra to talk to.
After class a girl named Sapphire walked up to Lyra and started bulling her.
"Why are you talking to the new student, all you are is a shadow that doesn't deserve a friend like the new boy..."
But before she could continue Jude came up to Lyra and asked her if she wanted to get something to eat seems she looked too pale, then he just stared at Sapphire making her paralyzed in her tracks.

On the way home Jude and Lyra stopped at a café and talked about the secret realm Lyra realised she had a bright smile on her face and she was laughing at the jokes he made she never felt this happy since 5 years ago.