Chapter 1

"Girl we are so going to 'The Sin', we are gonna get drunk our ass off then dance the night away with sexy guys and celebrate!"

Brenda's cheery little suggestion didn't surprise me a bit. Brenda Hernandez just needed an excuse to go out and celebrate, no matter how meagre the reason was....... But I have always considered this a part of her charisma.

"I am sure drinking and dancing just because I bought a little goldfish is not a good idea".

"Come on, Viola..... You always wanted a goldfish" she whined.

"Yeah I did, but drinking and dancing over my lill Blossom (the name of my goldfish) doesn't sound cool" I replied back laughing to my friend who was presently busy pouting at me.

Brenda was sprawled over my bed amid my two dozens of novels, well romantic novels. As you must have guessed already I am a diehard romantic kind of person. No matter how much my friends make fun of my over the top romantic imagination, I am still who I am. And I love myself this way.

Brenda flashed me her prize winning puppy face, to which no one could ever say no, well no one but me.... I have known her from the time I had first moved to New York, when I was six. And like what they all say, we both just clicked together, so here we are today still tight and the best bffs forever. We both have great dancing skills too. Our daily three hour salsa practice session for the upcoming fest, was really taking a toll on my body, yet she still looked amazing. There was not even the slightest hint of fatigue or weariness on her radiant face. With a slender figure, blonde hair and green eyes, Brenda was a girl who hardly ever comes across looking anything less than utterly beautiful at any time in her whole life. Thus like any ordinary girl, I sometimes envy her looks that always acts as a magnet, when any sexy guy comes to our radar......... but the feeling never lasts because she is a total sweetheart and she is really precious to me.

"Okay then how about we have a girl's night...... you know with booze, movies and mani-pedi stuff?" my best friend insisted again.

"Not sure girly, that I can manage that today" I gestured at my grocery shopping list and my messenger bag which contained my workout clothes. "After my grocery shopping, I gotta go to gym too."

"Then hurry already, shop quick and workout quicker!" Brenda's well practiced haughty expression made me snort. Just by looking at her, I can tell that one day my friend's passion and keenness would lead her to achieve her dream, about starting her own chain of clothing, all designed by her. No matter how much vain she appears sometimes, Brenda Hernandez was bound to be a hit someday, the drive within her won't let her settle for anything less.

"What if we postpone this 'celebration' to tomorrow night?" I presented a stand-in. "In this way, it will be a whole day for Blossom to settle in her new home" I kept my fingers crossed at the small of my back hoping Brenda will find some reason in my lame excuse, and luckily she did.

"Okay Deal. So go on do your stuff and when you will be back, pizza will be waiting for you."

"Uh....You are going to cook?" I hesitantly questioned her because Brenda loved to cook but unfortunately she was one of those, who can even burn water!

Flipping the curly mass of her hair off her face she grinned "No Silly I will order it, today I am too lazy for some kitchen work" and I felt relief course through me...

Pleased with the idea, I waved her happily and proceeded my way out for the intended. Taking the elevator down and smiling at the doorman when he led me out to the streets.