Chapter 3

As seconds rolled, breathing was becoming more and more taxing feverishly my hands began searching for my bag, which I found was resting near my right hip. Within a second, my fingers shoved the zipper of the tiny side pocket aside, then grabbed the hold of the sole occupant of that pocket, my inhaler and pulled it out. Awkwardly I shook the inhaler, removed its cap before I brought it to my mouth....placing it between my teeth and started breathing very slowly. Few seconds passed when I had taken a full breath I removed it held my breath out for 10 seconds and finally released it.

I believed my breathing was normal now but overall I felt slightly weak, something that always followed after the attack. Quietly I stayed laying down and focused on the clear sky above, when I smelled a very decadently fine smell. It was him. He was hovering over my side assessing me again but didn't say anything for which I was really grateful, because at that moment I really wanted to die from embarrassment. Silently he offered his hand to me. Unsteadily I placed my hand in his, grateful for his offer. His grip tightened and for the second time that day I nearly begged to God for his mercy as I was not at all ready to go through a second attack because the instant he held my hand my poor breathing was not so normal again, thankfully God decided to sympathy me because even though my breathing pattern faltered a bit, it wasn't anything bad I couldn't control. His touch was spine-tingling making me so aware of him.

He didn't make any attempt to pull me up instead asked me the same question again "Are you alright?"

And I replied wryly without meeting his eyes "of course just fine and dandy!"

He rolled his eyes and pulled me up with poise. He was younger then I assumed at first somewhere 18 or 19.

Out of the blue a middle aged woman came up to me and asked "How are you now child?"

Feeling embarrassed I answered in a hushed voice "Umm I am good..."

"Take care sweet thing and that boy is sure very protective he wouldn't let people come near you in fear that you would feel congested. Good choice!"

I couldn't believe what she said and turned my people to look at the other side and sure they were a few people standing on the edge. A black guy called out "Yo girl! You cool now? And by the way that was hella romantic" I blushed but managed a nod toward his direction. People laughed and made their way back to whatever they were doing. While I turned back to the 'protective guy' and dared to meet his eyes.

"Thank you for that and uhh I am sorry....and uh I-I am not always like that you know" I mumbled.

"Hmm.... No biggie and it's cool but your okay, right?"he questioned looking sceptical.

"Yeah I am good now." I replied reassuringly.

Hearing my answer he released my hand. Immediately I felt the loss but my brain was in the active mode again and it instructed me to get a hold of myself furthermore stop behaving like a love-struck idiot! God my brain is soo uptight.... Stupid Organ. I bet a 100 dollars that I got it from my dad, always so practical, no-nonsense types blah blah blah.

While I was busy censuring my brain, He bent down and picked up my long lost forgotten phone.... well which was presently sporting a massive crack right in the centre. Omg there goes the second phone in the last three months. Taking care of my phone is my least impressive attribute. Yeah I know how important a phone is especially to a normal teenager but I swear to God I feel like the universe is against me from having any phone. My phone because of whom the whole hot-stranger-incident thing happened at the first place. Well maybe now I don't regret losing this phone that much. Period. Don't judge!