Chapter 23

Siya's POV

"Zara, mind explaining to me where you're taking me?" I asked for the billionth time in five minutes.

Zara had showed up at my house a while ago, claiming that she needed to take me somewhere and that it was important, what she failed to tell me, however, was where she was taking me and why.

What the hell was going on?

"Siya, I told you, it's an emergency, you'll soon understand" she replied, worry consuming her voice as she continued speeding down the roads to an unknown location.

After a while, my eyes started scanning the boards and signs around me to familiarise myself with where we were going.

"Why are we going to Neasden?" I questioned once we passed the board. But Zara didn't answer. Instead, she remained silent as she continued, ignoring me completely.

Why is she ignoring me?!

Frustration soon consumed me, causing me tap my fingers nervously against the arm rest. Clearly I hated surprises.

"Will you stop that? We're almost there" she commented, causing me to stop momentarily.

It wasn't long before she pulled up outside the temple, extending my confusion further.

Why were we outside the temple? What the hell was going on?

As her car stopped, she sat stationary in her car, facing me before shooting me a large smile.

Why the hell is she smiling now? A minute ago she was worried out of her mind about something!

As her smile extended, she reached forward and embraced me into a least expected hug. Awkwardly, I hugged back, completely blank as to whatever was happening at the moment.

"I just want you to know that you're already family to me" she commented, causing me to frown in confusion.

"Ok..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

Why was she saying this to me now? What was about to happen?

"Alright, now let's go" she said, causing me no to nod eagerly and get out of the car, desperate to know what was going on.

Once I was out of the car, I waited for Zara to do the same, but as I looked back, I realised Zara was still seated in the car, and after shooting me an apologetic glance, she locked the doors and roared the engine once again.

What the hell?

She then began to pull out of the temple, leaving me utterly confused and panicked.

WHY THE HELL IS SHE LEAVING ME AT A TEMPLE ALL ALONE? WHAT IS GOING ON? JUST A MINUTE AGO SHE TOLD ME I'M ALREADY LIKE FAMILY TO HER?!

Soon enough, Zara's car disappeared from the parking lot, and I was left alone outside the temple, my mind utterly worried.

Maybe I should order a taxi to get me back home? Maybe I should call Jai? Why would his sister abandon me at a temple anyways?

With that thought in mind, I picked up my phone, dialling his number before pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" He answered after a while, causing me to release a breath of relief.

"Jai, do you have any idea why your sister would want to strand me in a temple before running off?" I questioned, placing my hands on my hips, looking like a complete idiot outside the temple.