Darkness and Moments

There's something (the breath of death) lingering somewhere (its all darkness). There's an (a voice) echo, it sounds of (death, malice, peace) nothing. The silence (screams) is loud. But there is an echo (an emptiness) something that has (gone) left. But it is still (beside them) there.

It is (dark, cold) empty. Yet they feel (a soundless echo) something (someone). They are (trapped) lost, it is all (the abyss) dark and lifeless. They drift (lost, wondering) soundlessly (mindlessly). Where are (friends, family) they? There is a (cold, piercing, yet welcoming) presence.

Everything is (forming) blurring together (static). There is (someone) people. They are (not there) walking, but they keep zipping back (repeating, like a broken DvD), and are they (repeating?) moving? They move their (numb) limbs. And no, no. They can move. And, (they realize) it is a mind-scape (they are dead, perhaps?). They are (nowhere) somewhere, but how will they (break free) escape.

They search for (anything, something familiar; welcoming) an exit. But there is (only darkness and that echo) only the edge of the roof. And (they decided) to jump off, (because) perhaps, it would jolt them (back) into reality (or more darkness) madness).

There is (nothing) nothing, and they plunge into (death) darkness. But there is something (someone), a presence, (welcoming and worried) warmth. Who is (holding them) there?

They do not (mind) care, for they are (not in the dark, dying) back. They will not (die) leave. They will (hold onto life) live.