× Chapter Four ×

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Waking up in the middle of the night, sweat running down your face and through your palms, heart beating like a drum in your chest was never the way Hope Mikaelson wanted to sleep.

This was one of the rare occasions where she hadn't woke up screaming. Atleast the voices weren't there that night, all that she heard was the slight whistle in the trees and the rustle of leaves from the wind outside.

Hope swung her legs over the edge of the bed, placing them on the soft, carpeted floor. She hung her head taking long, deep breathes. Suddenly, there was a knock her door. Hayley poked her head round the corner.

"I've been listening to your heart beat for the last 10 minutes sweetie. Can't sleep?"

Hope brushed her hair over her head and sat up, crossing her legs and bringing some of the blanket over then to keep warm. Hayley came and sat opposite to Hope, mirroring her actions.

"What was in the dream this time?"

"Me, You, Dad, Aunty Freya and Rebekah and Uncle Kol and Elijah"

Hayley looked longingly at her daughter.

"The usual courtyard scene?"

Hope nodded.

Hayley brushed her daughter's hair and laid her back down on the bed. She took a seat on the black sofa stool to the left of Hopes blankets and strokes her daughters hair.

"Try and go back to sleep. School tomorrow. Potions. Broomstick lessons and..."

Hope drifted off before Hayley could say another word.

× × × ×

"I've rung up Professor Saltzman to give you the day off. I don't want you be straining today. Especially after last night"

Hope grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and swung herself up onto one of the kitchen stools. She took a bite.

"I'm going in today Mum"

Hayley poked her head around the fridge door.

"Are you sure?", she replied, whilst grabbing the packet of chicken with her teeth.

"Yes. I need to. I've missed Lizzie and Jocie too much"

Hayley smiled. Ever since Hope started the school 10 years ago she had grown close to the twins. Hayley could never separate them.

"Okay, but take it easy and be careful"

Hope jumped down from the table top and walked out of the kitchen, grabbing her rucksack and loading in some old leather books. She swung her bag onto her right shoulder and turned smiling at her mother.

"I'm a Mikaelson witch. We're never careful"

× × × ×

"Unlinking Spells and Bounding Spells", Professor Saltzman wrote on the blackboard.

Professor Saltzman's class was quite the old fashion room. The basics, a blackboard at the front of the room, his teachers desk to the left of it and big revision books to the right. Laid out in an orderly fashion where 20 individual desks, 5 rows and 4 columns. They where like the old wooden desks that the Victorians would use. At the back of the classroom there was a big storage room which contained certain magical artifacts, dark objects and things that contained 1000 year old evil spirits.

Hope strolled down the corridor. The first bell had long gone and the second bell, meaning lesson had started, had just finished.

"Miss Mikaelson? What are doing out of class?"

The teen turned to face Mrs Forbes. Hope loved the blonde so much. She had a bubbly character, one that, if you ever needed anything, she'd help you.

"I just got here Mrs"

Caroline tilted her head in confusion.

"In school?"

"Yes Mrs. I had another...bad night"

Caroline nodded and walked over to Hope, holding her shoulder.

"Well, I'll walk you to Mr Saltzman's room"

The two walked down the corridor. Hope always saw Caroline as her school mother. Hayley had always told her about the crush her father, Klaus, had on the young vampire. It always made Hope laugh.

Caroline smiled, not quite getting the joke.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing", Hope chuckled.

Caroline knocked on Alaric's door and opened it, letting Hope in. Alaric stopped writing on the board and raised his eyebrow at the blonde.

"Bad dream", she mouthed.

Alaric nodded.

"Well, come on", he said, "I've got a class to teach"

Hope took a seat in her usual desk which was seated between Lizzie and Jocie's desks. Lizzie leaned over and passed a note to Hope, the teen opened it up as Professor Saltzman carried on talking and writing on the board.

"Me, You and Jocie. After school?"

Hope silently laughed and scrunched up the note. She shoved it on her jacket pocket, looked over at Lizzie and nodded. Jocie laughed.

"Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?", Jocie asked.

"Well, we've watched Harry Potter way too many times..."

Lizzie snorted.

"I think we should watch it again", Hope replied.

"Job done", Jocie said leaning back into her seat.

Hope wrote the date at the top of her book and starting making notes of the lesson. Tonight was going to be a night to remember.

× × × ×

Fourth Chapter in two days, damn 😂 currently listening to TwentyOnePilots and planning the next chapter, fun times xx

- M