× Chapter Nineteen ×

Freya slammed the car door shut along with Marcel and Elijah. She sat and looked out the window in silence.
"So, they didn't leave?"

Freya didn't answer.

"Freya? Where are they?"

"They're gone Marcel!", Freya yelled, "I was meant to save them. Save them both but they're gone. I don't know where they are, okay"

Marcel looked out the front window and put the keys in the ignition. He put his hands on the wheel and his foot on the acceleration.

The cars atmosphere was silent all the way back to the Mikaelson courtyard. Freya watched as the street lamps zoomed passed in the windows reflection wondering if she could have done better.

"What am I going to tell her?", she finally spoke.

Marcel pulled up outside the court. He unclipped his seatbelt and turned to face her. Elijah did the same but he was still unaware of who they both where.

"Well, it's 10 o'clock. She's probably asleep. Why don't you wait till morning?"

Freya opened the car door in a hurry and slammed it shut. Marcel and Elijah also exited the car.

"I need to do an immediate locator spell so that I can find them"

Marcel grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"A locator spell on the most powerful witch this family has ever faced? If you go storming in there now, you'll wake her up and will have no choice but to tell her. Wait until the morning, then we can sit her down and talk"

Freya let a tear slip down her cheek.

"I should have saved them. It's my job"

× × × ×

Beep Beep

Hope sat up in bed and glanced over to her clock on her bedside table. It read 5:56am. She took her hair and tied it up in a ponytail before reaching over to her phone that had beeped another two times.

New Message

"Uh", Hope groaned.

She unlocked her phone and went to messages. Shaking her head, she began to type.

"It's six in the morning for God's sake Jocie, what the hell do you want? If your having a miniature fangirl moment I don't care"

The teen put the phone down and curled underneath her blankets when her phone beeped again.

"Oh my god", she whispered in annoyance.

"Sorry and no it's not a fangirl moment. Me and Lizzie are having a break off school"

Hope rubbed her eyes before replying.

"And you needed to text me that now because?"

Jocie answered almost immediately.

"We're about an hour away"

Hope frowned and looked out the window. It was still dark outside.

"Away from where?", she typed.

"New Orleans", Jocie replied.