× Chapter Thirtythree ×

"Splitting up is the worst possible idea Nik!", Rebekah yelled at her brother as he sped down the stairs. She sped after him and caught him by the arm, pulling him back in front of her, "What are you doing?!"

Klaus held back a growl in his throat.

"Going to find the Hollow and put a stop to this once and for all"

The hybrid yanked his arm free of his sisters grip and turned to see Elijah leaning against the wall folding up his napkin up and placing in back inside his pocket.

"Alone?", he asked.

"Yes, Elijah, alone", Klaus snapped.

The Original turned away and began walking towards the dark gates into the sunny streets of the city.

"And what happens when you die?"

"Oh, Elijah, don't be dramatic", Klaus whined.

Elijah pushed himself off the wall gently and stood next to Rebekah.

"Or you get captured. Or the Hollow does something to you"

Klaus rolled his eyes. He turned to face his siblings.

"I know what you're trying to do"

"What's that?", Rebekah retorted.

"Keep me here", Klaus exclaimed looking up at the high inner walls of the courtyard, "Locked up like a lion in a cage"

Elijah sighed and turned with his sister as their niece came down the stairs, brushing her hair.

Hope stopped mid-way and lowered the brush.

"What's going on?", she asked.

"Your father's acting childish again and making the wrong decisions", Rebekah replied, glaring at her older sibling.

Elijah laughed.

Hope put the brush down on one of the stairs and tied her hair back in a tight ponytail.

"Well, I was thinking...", Hope began. She made her way down the rest of the stairs and sat down at the large table, "Maybe I could go with him"

Rebekah and Elijah stared at their niece in shock.

"Absolutely not", Klaus called as he walked over to his daughter, anger beginning to fill his face.

"Niklaus", Elijah called as narrowed his eyes.

Klaus stood in the doorway of the room. He took some breaths and slowly made his way to sit down next to the teen.

"We should stay together", Klaus stuttered in humiliation. He knew Rebekah would be glowing from being right.

"I'm glad you think that dad"

"Why?", Klaus asked with a smile.

"Because...Vincent may or may not be bounding us to the compound right about now", Hope trailed off towards the end.

Klaus stood from his seat and sped over towards the large gates. He put his hand up and touched the invisible wall.

"Hope?", he called trying to cover his anger.

"I knew you where going to leave anyway. Later on. When I wouldn't be looking. Like I said, Auntie Rebekah is right. We stay together", Hope replied to her father's angry tone.

"And I suppose you have a plan?", Vincent asked as he and Freya walked round the corner.

Klaus turned to face Vincent.

"Undo this. Now", he ordered.

"No can do Klaus", the warlock replied in a sarcastic manner. He turned to face the teen, "Hope?"

Hope stood from the table and giggled. It was funny to see Vincent stand up to him for once.

The teen walked swiftly into the court and stood between Rebekah and Elijah.

"We stay together. Let the Hollow come to us"

"And what about Stefan?", Caroline asked as she walked over, standing next to Klaus.

"I was thinking. In order to get Stefan and...", Hope hesitated, "Mum...back, we have to destroy the Hollow"

"And how do you intend to do that?", Freya asked her niece.

"With somethings we learnt at the boarding school. Certain spells. Loop holes", Hope said.

She looked over, giving Caroline a knowing look.

"Alaric left some of his books here. He left with the girls some time ago, didn't want them to be around when everything kicked off. He's sorry but we thought it was too dangerous for them", Caroline replied.

Hope gave the blonde a kind smilw and looked over at Freya and Vincent.

"Would you mind talking me over somethings before we get started...", Hope began.

Elijah stepped forward.

"Get started? Now?", he questioned.

Hope looked at him and tilted her head.

"Well, we need to get her when she least expects it. As soon as we can I think. I want to be ready by the time she comes for us the first time"

Elijah frowned.

"And you're sure you're ready?", he asked again.

"Well, I'm not alone. I've got Auntie Freya and Vincent"

Hope broke her gaze with her Uncle and glanced at Freya, who grinned back at her.

"Shall we begin?", Vincent said, gesturing towards a small oak door to the side of them.

"Absolutely"

× × ×

Sorry for the short chapter but I've got so much college work to do 😂😥 Enjoy!

- M