Three

I woke up the next morning with my copy of Twilight laying on my stomach. I sat up and rubbed my eyes looking towards the clock. It read 5:30 am. I stood up, sliding a book mark in my book before placing the book back on the shelf.
I walk to the chest with all of my clothes in it. Opening it up I see the perfect outfit for the first day in this new school. The shirt was an All Time Low long sleeve, the pants I grabbed were tight, black, high wasted and the best pair of pants I own.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I open my bedroom door quietly before walking over to the vanity in the corner of my room to grab my shower supplies. Once I have my clothes, shampoo, and conditioner, I carefully make my way to the bathroom.
Biting my lip, I shut the bathroom door. I stand starring at my reflection in the mirror, before getting told my mother was gay, I was always happy, wore bright clothes and normally wore a smile everywhere I went, but now I look sad, I wear almost all black and grey, I hardly leave my room and just spend most of my time alone.
I set my clothes on the counter and go to the shower. I start the water and let it warm up a little, I brush my hair, once the water is warm I get in.
Feeling the warm water on my skin I sigh and close my eyes. I get lost in the rhythm the water beats gently on my back. Softly, I start to hum a song by All Time Low.
          Is this what I am suppose to do? I asked myself. Just pretend this didn't happen, act like I'm alright? I shake my head and put shampoo in my hair, rubbing it in thoroughly before rinsing it out.
          Trying to shake the thought out of my head I think back to the song I was humming. 

         "Give me therapy, I'm a walking travesty, and I'm smiling at everything, therapy. You were never a friend to me, so you can take back your misery." I sing the song soft enough it wouldn't wake up anyone.

            •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

       By the time I'm out of the shower it is 6:00 and everyone else is waking up. I get dressed and braid my hair before opening the door to the bathroom. Right as I do, I am greeted by Carter, standing shirtless, in the doorway to the bathroom.
       "Oh, sorry!" I say as I make my way around him. "Don't worry about it." Carter says with a smile. I'm walking down the hallway to my room and I can feel Carter's eyes on me. "You have a really nice singing voice!" He called before closing the bathroom door behind him.
         Shaking off the weird feeling his stair and complement gave me, I finish getting ready for school in my room. Playing Panic! At The Disco on my phone and singing along.
        My mother calls from downstairs letting me know it was time to grab food and head out.

        I practically run down the stairs and grab a pop tart before opening the front door of the house and walking out. The school wasn't far from Catherine's house. My mother arranged for someone at the school to show me around.

        Upon my arrival the the school I am greeted by a black haired boy. "Hey, you're America, right?" He asked. I grabbed the strap of my back and pushed it up on my shoulder. "Um, yeah." The boy had a nice smile and he seemed alright. "I'm Marcus," he holds his hand out, and unlike what I did with Carter, I took it. "It's nice to meet you." "You too."
      Marcus was tall at least six feet. He had perfect teeth, great hair, and the most dazzling green eyes. "I am going to be the one to show you around, I hope that's alright." All I manage to do is nod.
       He leads me to the office to pick up my schedule. The lady who gave it to me seemed very nice. Marcus checked the schedule and smiled. "Lucky for you, we have the same classes." He smiles and I feel weak in the knees. "Yeah, lucky me."
        The day was over sooner than I wanted it to be. Marcus sat by me in all of our classes and even took me to lunch in his car. After school he offered to drive me home, but I wasn't quite ready to let anyone else know my mom was partners with another woman. I was slightly embarrassed about it.

         During diner I barely ate and I even went to bed early. I couldn't wait to see Marcus again tomorrow.
        Just like the night before I turned off the main lights and read Twilight until I fell asleep.