Four

The first week of school flew by. I grew closer to Marcus and I met a few more people. Josie, an incredible singer and bass player, she told me she would teach me at some point. Nate Cartier and his little sister Addison Cartier, they both are vampire enthusiasts, Addison has gone as a vampire for Halloween every year since she was in the 8th grade, and she is a junior like me. And then there are the twins, Mae and Fae Maxwell. The two of them never go anywhere without each other, now these two are the werewolf enthusiasts. So I bet you can guess who they don't get along with.
        Anyway, I have become very close with all of them, I'm pretty sure Nate might have a crush on me. I have stayed the night with Addison multiple nights in a row already and everywhere we went he would follow. I understand I'm now best friends with his little sister, but he doesn't have to follow us around. Addy said he never did that with any of her other friends.
        For now, I'm just going to ignore it. He has to stop eventually, and maybe ignoring him is the way to get him to quit.
         I have learned so much about the towns history from the twins. Fae is the history buff and Mae is the fact checker. They work together to help me understand the town and everything that has happened here.
        There was a battle on the land during the civil war, and it is obviously Fae's favorite thing to talk about. She goes on and on about the legends behind the war. She spoke about how it may have looked like two sides of people fighting but it was so much more than that. I wish her mom hadn't walked in and instructed Fae to stop filling my head with "those silly stories." Now I am left with the last thing she said. "It was so much more than that." I have no clue what that means but I'm sure I can ask at school on Monday.
        Until then I have to put up with Miss I Don't Know When to Shut Up and Mr. I Think I Know Everything. Nate and Addison are going out of town with their aunt, Fae and Mae are visiting their grandmother. Marcus is taking his girlfriend on a date. Josie is going to a weekend music camp. I'm not sure I can make it through the weekend. I really don't want to stay in my room, but I also don't want to be around them.
     I'm sure I can figure something out. Maybe I will go to the park or something. Try and escape the other members of the family I don't want to be in. I wish it was just me and my mom and that she hadn't left my dad for a woman. Nothing would have changed.
                     ••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      Dinner was a disaster. Carter talked about how he was now the captain of the football team and Arora talked about how she gained the title of three more club presidents. I'm not sure how much more of their bragging I can't take.
     As soon as dinner is over I escape to my room and stay there all night. I finish reading Twilight and start reading Roseblood.  A phantom of the opera twist. I fall asleep 7 chapters in. The book slides off the bed and that was the last time I got up until noon the next day.
     I spend all day in my room and only leave to use the bathroom and eat. I spent the day watching TV on my new flat screen. (Another 'I'm sorry' gift from my mother.) I fell asleep at the end of the day watching Netflix. The Vampire Diaries. I don't remember much of it. I sleep through the night, not stirring once.
      I think there might be something wrong with me. But I can't pinpoint what it is. Not yet.