reason seven

13 June 2017.

"Rosie!"

Five more minutes.

"Rosie!"

Two more minutes.

"Rosie!"

Thirty more seconds. Please.

"Rosie!" Lukasz popped his head into their bedroom, finding his girlfriend sprawled out on the bed trying to sleep. "Baby, wake up. I have plans for us today!" he trotted over and ripped the blankets away from her, jumping into bed.

"Two more hours! Please, Lukasz!" she groaned.

"It's already noon."

"Well then—" Rosie pulled the covers back over her body, "leave me be for two more hours, at least."

The Pole chuckled, and wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling his nose in the crook of her neck and placing kisses on her skin. Rosie was no different to any other human being—she loved sleep. Despite the fact that she had the tendency to stay up way past 2 in the morning, she could sleep up to fourteen hours if she wanted to.

He was an early bird. Used to waking up at five in the morning for training, now at eight since the season was over.

But today, Rosie was sleeping for about nine hours. Even with the ruckus Lukasz was making in the kitchen and while watching one of those Major League Soccer matches on TV, Rosie was out cold.

Yesterday was a different day for them. No arguments or silent treatments. No disappointing sighs or shutting the bedroom door or tears.

For once, they had gone one day clean of any burdens in their relationship.

"It's a beautiful day outside," he said. "Come on, kochanie. We should do something."

Rosie turned to face him, muttering profanities in Croatian as she did. "Then what's on your mind, Mr. Lukasz Piszczek?" Better not be another date. We've been on three of them for in the last seven days.

"Another date." Who knew. "It's just dinner at seven, though. Nothing too fancy."

"So woke me up to tell me that we're going to dinner in a few hours? You could have just left me sleeping for, like, two more hours."

"I know." He kissed her cheek. "It was getting a little too quiet here, and plus, I missed you."

"Luka, we live together."

She let him rest his head on her shoulder, his hands flying down to her bare thigh, not daring to touch her black panties (though, he wanted to). "You don't know how it is when your girlfriend sleeps for half the day. It gets kinda boring. My days are always better with you."

"Now you know what it feels when you're off doing international duty. Only that, you're out for weeks at a time, and it obviously isn't fair." If Rosie had a dollar for every time she called Lukasz when he was in Poland for international duty, she would be rich. It was always one phone call in the morning, and one at night.

These were the moments she wanted the most. Rosie wanted to wake up to the sight of Lukasz every day, she wanted to wake up to him showering her with kisses and caresses on the cheek.

To have the love of her life smile at the beauty she had yet to notice, her fingers running through his chestnut locks and kissing him lightly on the lips. It had been way, way too long since Rosie and Lukasz had these moments, and now that they had it, it was so new.