The Eyes of Heaven *Horror entry*

The flaxen locks of hair illuminated the darkness of the decrepit alley; her custom shoes click clacking on the stained concrete, alerting the rats of her approach.

She stopped midway through, just before the streetlight had given up fighting the shadows, the perfect sapphire orbs scanning the sightless depth.

“Hello?” Her proper call echoed off the encompassing brick walls, prompting the sound of rats scurrying in a million directions.

“You really shouldn’t come down here looking that way, someone might take advantage of you pretty girl.”

The blackness broke ever so slightly as the source of the voice limped into the light.

The female clutched her purse closer; the jewels encasing the exterior digging into her well manicured hands.

The man’s eyes shifted slightly with the movement, smirking up at her even as he dragged himself closer to her. “Tsk, tsk, and here I thought we were friends.”

The female’s gaze shot up and down quickly, taking in the site of the scarred face and thin limbs of the broken man sneering at her, before crossing her arms and returning his smirk with one of her own.

“We are not friends Abaddon, you are a business partner, that is all, and don’t ever forget it.”

Abaddon burst out into a coy smile. “Oh, is that what you like to call it then? Business? You privileged types sure have a way with words.”

The blond raised her lip in a snarl, her gaze drifting down her nose in disgust. “You don’t know me Abaddon, and this privileged type can just as easily flaunt her money somewhere less… opinionated.”

She whipped a wad of bills the same size as the small bag she produced it from and waived it in Abaddon’s face. He reached out for the money only to stumble forward when she snapped it away.

“Not nice Orly.”

Orly didn’t flinch. “Just wanted to reiterate the rules. Now, did you bring what I asked for?” 

Abaddon shuffled slightly, his hesitant demeanor drawing him back into the shadows. “It’s not easy to acquire right now…”

“Did you get what I asked for?” Orly’s eyes narrowed as she studied Abaddon’s sudden mood shift.

“The rumors make it nearly impossible…”

“Did.you.get…”

“The supply depletes more every time they find a body…”

“Did you get the fucking chip or not?” The vulgar word lithe off her lips, the harshness softened by her velvet voice.

Abaddon sighed and offered out his fist, clenching it closed as Orly waived an open palm in expectation.

“Well, what are you waiting for Abaddon?” She hissed.

“The price has doubled.”

Orly drew inches in her stance as she pulled her hand back slowly, eyeing the smaller man with contempt. “Not that it matters money wise, but why on earth do you think I would pay you double when I can get it from someone else just as easily?”

“You’re not exactly the type that blends in Orly, don’t think I don’t know what it takes for you to sneak down here.”

Her eyes narrowed into slits sharp enough to stab him for his response. “I think you forget your place Abaddon.”

Abaddon’s face began to twitch under Orly’s icy tone, his involuntary shudder proof that he had not forgotten who was in charge.

“I deal in drugs Orly, not death. If something was to happen and they found your precious little body like the others it could mean certain execution for me. This is it for me, I can’t take the stress.”