Real life

Becca

Well, this is bad.

Daniel likes Christina and Christina likes Corbyn.

Geez he's not gonna take this well.

I walk over to the boy's house and knock on the door. Jonah opens it and smiles at me. He invites me in and we go to his room.

'Yeah the house is empty because everyone is out doing things, I decided to stay and read' he said, putting his book away.

'Oh ok what were you reading?' I ask.

'The fault in our stars' he replies simply.

'Really? I didn't know you were into that stuff' I say.

'Well me neither, until mum bought me the wrong book from the store, and I was forced to read it and it turned out to be amazing' he laughed. 'So what brings you here? Not that I don't want you to be here I just...'

'Haha no, I'm here because I... we have a problem' I raised my eyebrows.

His face was worried.

'What? Your not braking up with me?' He asked pleadingly.

'No, I would never' I smiled. 'There's something else. Remember how Daniel was all shy last night?'

'Oh, yeah he said he liked Christina' Jonah said casually picking up some clothes off the ground.

'Ugh that makes it worse' I sighed.

'What, makes what worse?' He asked

'Well, Daniel likes Christina, but Christina likes Corbyn' I said

'Oh that is a problem, and Corbyn took a girl out the other day, but there not in a relationship yet' he said.

'Oh poor Christina, she really likes him...' I was interrupted by a text from Christina.

'Oh, Christina just texted me' I check it - please come, Christina. 'Um, Jonah I think I have to go, Christina said she needs me'

We say goodbye and I get in my car and drive to her house.

I enter and go up to her room where she's on her bed with her head in her hands. I go over and comfort her.

'Christina! What's wrong?'

'Corbyn... he has a girlfriend' she looks up. She's close to tears. I didn't think she needed to cry, as he was never hers, but anyway.

'Oh, um how did you find out?' I ask, feeling guilty I didn't tell her as soon as I heard.

'I saw them together in the Main Street' she sighs.

I just look at her.

'I know, I'm selfish, he doesn't even know me' she gets up.

'He knows you, and I'm sure he loves you, just not in that way' I say.

She sighs.

'Come on Christina, feel better, I'm sure there's plenty of guys that like you!' I smile, trying to hint Daniel.

'You think so?' She looks at me

'Yep, now come on let's go get smoothies'

We get up and leave, I'm just hoping she thinks of Daniel.