3 - Colour Splash

[10 years ago...]

"Oh my gosh, Jihyun, blue looks so good on you!"

"You really think so?"

Even if they were both sixteen, she and Jihyun's personalities combined were dynamic. Almost nothing could stand in their way.

They both celebrated their 16th birthday (both having it on the same month and day, amazingly) the unusual way — with paint!

They playfully sat on her bed (because Jihyun doesn't want to make his maids go through so much work to remove all the paint), the whole room and most of the furniture covered in many shades of pink, white, violet, blue, green, even red and brown. Even they were covered in many colours of that thick colourful liquid.

"But are you sure this paint isn't toxic?" Jihyun asked cautiously as she thoroughly applied the blue paint on his already-turquoise hair. She giggled, and although he couldn't see it (his back faced her), she grinned childishly, "Yes, it's safe, silly! My Eomma made sure of it!"

30 minutes later, both teens are absolutely covered in many colours (and layers) of paint. Her hair was covered with... too many colours to even name, actually. It was a beautiful pastel-coloured combination!

"You're such a good painter!" She complimented Jihyun loudly. She couldn't help being loud. Jihyun didn't seem to mind her loud, bubbly persona, however. He simply blushed softly and in return complimented her too.

"But I like your art better! It's so original!" He grinned widely, optimism so sincere.

"Come on! This piece of art called Jihyun's Masterpiece is worth clicking!" She beamed, holding her old polaroid, not giving a care if black, purple and brown fingerprints were imprinted on it.

CLICK! Jihyun smiled widely for her and the camera. It was like a selfie with a polaroid — a selca!

"Jihyun," she looked at him with a serious face now, "don't EVER lose this photo, okay? Promise me you won't!"

Jihyun looked at her in fear for a moment. There was, for some reason, darkness in her eyes.

"I promise."