6 - Hello From The Other Side

[present time...]

"He's dead... I'll get to see him again..."

She paced back and forth, though apparently she stood on nothing but white light.

Her hair trailed down with each pace, but her posture itself was very patient, like her own self. It had been 5 years since she died, meaning it had been 5 years since they last spoke. She really misses him.

Sure, she had been his guardian angel (literally, she tried so many times to get him out of harm and pain as a ghost), but that was all she was to him. He was the love of her life to her. But to him, nothing but a dead best friend. An invisible guardian angel.

But now, in front of her very own eyes, he died. Shot to death. And for some reason, she felt pained. Burdened. Guilty. Depressed. Her best friend slash love interest, was dead because she couldn't protect him. It's all my fault, she thought, wanting to just sit on the invisible floor of light and cry. She failed to protect Jihyun Kim...

"Hey... don't cry. Please," an all-too-familiar voice spoke. Instantly recognizing who it was, she looked up and her cries turned to a grin.

"Jihyun!" She exclaimed so happily, hugging him like the world would crumble if she didn't. He gladly returned the hug, and soon enough both their faces were tearstained.

"I'm really happy we get to speak to each other again... but your girlfriend, Rika..." her voice lowered and she looked down. Jihyun gently lifted her chin up, and they gazed at each other's eyes longingly yet warmly.

"I may love Rika too much, but you were- and still are- my first love. Nothing, and no one, can change my feelings for you." He softly says as he wipes her tears away gently, cupping her face in his hands.

"I love you..." Jihyun whispers just as he leans in dramatically and closes the gap between her and him, their lips gently locked.

The kiss was slow, gentle and passionate. Both had their eyes closed, enjoying every bit of it. It lasted for around 5 seconds before they had to part.

"Thank you, Jihyun," she whispers sweetly, embracing him in her arms, "I love you too."

"Let's go home." They both said in unison, their voices gentle. Fingers gently interlaced together, she and Jihyun part the Earth and finally meet up together in the world above, happily reunited as best friends/lovers/ghosts, knowing everything on Earth would be peaceful once again.