1: And the Cycle Continues... Wait, What?

"I will be waiting," Madara told Obito as he left the underground cavern.

"I hope I do not make you wait too long, sensei," Obito replied, swirling out of existence.

Madara waited for a while, as though to check whether Obito had truly left. He then sighed, eyeing the Gedō Mazō statue.

"I shall achieve peace, and end the reign of war," Madara murmured as he unplugged himself from the chakra feeding tubes.

Without the chakra that his body had grown to rely upon, Madara died instantly. It was painless, as though he was merely falling asleep.

ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ

Asura and Indra's souls and chakra were floating around in the real world, waiting for a descendant they deem worthy to be born. In this state, they possessed full memories of every one of their past lives. However, they are unable to attack each other due to their ethereal forms. They were watching the birth of Itachi, Indra considering the thought of latching to the infant.

Indra shook away the thought. Although the child was destined to be strong, his soul and personality were nothing like that of Indra. If anything, he was similar to Madara's younger sibling, Izuna. As such, he let the child pass through safely and join the world of the living.

Indra was once again with his brother Asura, waiting.

He did not wait long.

Not even a decade after, Sasuke was born.

Indra knew, instantly, that this child was a perfect fit. Without a second thought, he proceeded to latch onto his descendant's soul and chakra. He felt the two different chakras assimilate, slowly becoming one with that of Indra being predominant, almost entirely Indra's. This was not expected. It had never happened before in any of his previous transmigrants.

This was new.

Indra knew that his memories would leave him as the souls fully merged, but for some reason, he felt his original memories stay along with those of his previous transmigrant. He did feel the other memories leave him -- he almost forgot they existed. But with a thought of being "reborn" into Madara and now, Sasuke, he remembered the transmigration process.

As such, a mildly disgruntled and confused Infant opened his obsidian eyes. The parents cooed at the child naming it what both Indra and Asura had known instantly when the child was still being given birth to. Uchiha Sasuke.

Indra felt his memories get suppressed, letting them become dormant in the back of the child's mind. The memories would return when the time is right. The child would have his childhood.

Indra was no more, for the time being. Sasuke was born.

~♥~

Although Asura was watching as his brother latched on to the child, he did not know what happened. He only saw that the chakra had assimilated much more thoroughly compared to all the past transmigrants. He did ponder upon the reason, though not for long.

Barely a few months later, he felt the tug of another of his descendants being born. He looked at the strangely blond child. 'His father's probably blond. His mom's the Uzumaki,' Asura thought to himself.

For some strange reason, Asura felt a connection to this child. He just knew that this child was destined to be his host. It was almost as though the previous hosts were completely unsuitable and he was merely just making do with what he had.