Chapter Three

The Past: Enchanted Forest

One month has gone by since Tink snuck Regina out of her castle and offered her a glimpse of the magic mirror. After learning Regina has magic like her mother, she decided to take some lessons from her mother's former mentor, Rumplestiltskin. He claims that she is very powerful and all he seeks in return for her lessons is a favor in the future. At this point, she doesn't really care what the creepy imp wishes for because her mother is forcing her to marry Snow White's father, a man who is much older than her own mother. Not to mention, that she is being forced to raise the young girl who had her true love, Daniel, murdered.

She can barely stomach being around the pretentious princess or her own cruel mother. That's exactly why she's taking the magic lessons, she just needs to see that blonde in the mirror again. She needs to know that one day, she will be happy again, even if she did make a promise to Tink, (the only person who seems to care about her true wellbeing) that she wouldn't return there.

After supper, another unbearable meal where she was ignored while the King gushed over his princess, Regina returned to her room, or better known as her dungeon cell, her prison, like she was ordered to. She could feel the walls closing in on her and the air becoming too thin to even take her next breath.

This couldn't be her life, she didn't want any of it, yet nobody was listening to her desperate cries for help. She needs something, anything, to offer a sliver of hope, so she can make it through this miserable life before she completely surrenders and loses herself.

She has to return to that place where Tinkerbell had taken her, she needs reassurance that her life won't always be so insufferable before she tosses herself out of a window to end her misery.

This would be her first attempt to transport herself somewhere without Rumpelstiltskin present, but she feels quite confident in herself this evening. Maybe it's the determination of feeling something other than utter defeat. She closes her eyes and focuses on the feeling of being small, recalling the memory of when Tink shrunk her down. She inhales sharply, trying to concentrate on the colorful blue flower that possesses the intriguing golden mirror. The tingling burn of magic swims violently through her veins and she grasps onto the feeling, her mind reaching for that blonde once more.

She quickly flicks both wrists in front of her face, admiring the feel of the thick purple cloud of smoke as it envelops her body. She slowly pries her eyes open, taking in the vibrant scenery around her. She did it. She mentally screams for joy, her lips firmly sealed shut though, because she knows she has to remain silent for her sake and Tink's.

Tentatively, she steps up to the mirror that's sparkling and whispering for her to come closer. Her hand quakes uncontrollably, but still, she waves her palm over the mirror, day-dreaming of the green- eyed beauty. A wave ripples in effect and the young girl magically appears before her. Unknown to her, a small smile graces her face and her cheeks flush from seeing this woman again that will forever change her miserable life.

Without a thought, her fingertips connect with the glass gently, testing to see if the mirror will allow her to enter. Unexpectedly, her fingers glide through the glass with ease, followed by her hand and in a split second, her entire arm is deep inside the mirror. She inhales sharply to gather her courage and decides in that moment to walk all the way through, ignoring every negative thought pleading for her to stop. She keeps her mind focused on the stunning, young girl as her whole body is suddenly absorbed by the mirror.

"Ooooof!" She hears before she sees anything, followed by an agonizing groan.

Regina feels a sharp pain shoot across her entire body and that's when she realizes that she fell into something...or someone, rather. She blinks away her confusion and ignores the pain, peering down to see what could have possibly occurred. That's when she discovers the breathtaking blonde she's been dreaming about trapped beneath her.