18

dally's pov

i stood in shock, everyone else did too. was this some sick prank? it aint funny at all. or maybe im dreaming? i feel numb.

"c'mon johnny! this aint funny!"

ponyboy half-cried out, i looked around at him, there were..tears in his eyes? the numbing sensation started spreading all through my body.

darry walked out of the room, probably to get a nurse or doctor. please, let me be dreaming, this cant be happening to my baby.

🥀

third pov

darry came back with a doctor and a nurse following him. the doctor quickly checked johnny, and afterwards asked him some questions.

"do you know who any of these people are?"

johnny shaked his head, which he quickly grabbed and a sharp pain spread to his head. dallas leaped toward johnny, almost as if it was an instinct.

johnny winched at the sudden movement. a look of sadness was plastered on dally's face. he stepped back and look at the ground, almost wishing he could disappear again.

the doctor asked the elder member of the gang some questions before declaring:

"he has lost his memory. it may take a week for him to recuperate his memory, or he may lose it forever. try not to pressure him into remembering. he may go home tomorrow."

🌹

n/a: thank you for 3K! it means a lot, enjoy this semi-long chapter! sorry for the long wait, everyone.