ch 1 | "God of War"

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello, each chapter will represent one of the 7 gods and it will also connect like a regular story. During my sophomore year of high school, I took a class called: Myth and Legends, learning about the Greek Gods and Goddesses. I was inspired from there to write this story and incorporate personal stories and feelings into one. I hope you all enjoy this miniseries ~ I love feedback! If you have any to give, I'd love to read it!

¤

"Father! I won! I won the battle against Khan Jin!"

God of War, Kim Namjoon, storms into the heavenly palace causing a drastic scene. Holding his golden head gear covered in nothing but blood and another item in his other hand, he held proof of his success. Lord Wong, father of the 7 gods, rose up from his silver pedestal where his servants, all naked, were doing him well. The white palace soon fell into a deep red-color as blood stained its marble floor. The nasty iron smell lingered the air but that was ignored as the Lord couldn't believe the news his son has come to bare. Lord Wong fixes himself, grooming his beard while gently smoothing out his robe, before shifting from his place and walking down the stairs to his first born son. Namjoon's face was all bruised up and blood stains painted his face and armory, but it wasn't as visible as the head he had cut off.

"I know how much you wanted me to win this ongoing war. I could not fail you father, as I know our bloodline would've gone to nothing if Uncle Khan Jin were to have win! In honor of uncle and to you, I present you, his head."

Namjoon took a proper bow before going on both of his bloody knees to hand over his uncle's head. Lord Wong stared at the bloody thing for almost a while before accepting it. The expression on his face showed happiness as a loud laughter came to sound.

"My dear old brother. You underestimated me and my blood."

Lord Wong then turns back to his son who was still present on the ground.

"Stand up," he said and Namjoon did as he was told. He then takes a step forward and pats his son on the head, congratulating him for doing the thing he wanted him to do most.

"Now, wipe out every one of his men on the battlefield. After, send a message to your beloved brothers to come to the palace tonight. Tonight, we shall celebrate the achievement of your success."

A long time ago, when humans were vulnerable and dirt and storms were all they had to face, a goddess from the first class: Shin, came down to earth to set the world free of its curse. Shin traveled to a small village called Gwangju where she disguised herself as a mortal. She wore dirty clothes to blend in with the villagers to avoid any suspicion of her. Their cries of hunger, anger, and misery were heard from every dock to mountain. The fishes would scurry away from the shores along with the birds, flying away from every villages possible to avoid them. Shin never knew what the problem was from above but now, she understood.

"The heavens have cursed us!"

"Why can't we just live in peace?!"

"We can't even get a proper rainfall without it ruining our crops! My radishes has gone to waste and my home has broken down on us! My family is in great danger!"