ch 3 | God of Fortune

He could only do so much.

Yoongi, God of Fortune; his older brother was dead. One can not put back pieces of broken glass and expect it to not break apart. That was his father, and that was something that can not be fixed. It was shown that day, the day of Seokjin’s death. He could’ve prevented another death from happening; everyone would have been able to avoid the suffering. Their mother’s grief still lingers even after all of these years and instead of helping his 2nd oldest son, he proved to them that day that blood meant nothing but a leaf.

A mere leaf you can easily crush and leave to wither away with the wind. To carry out beyond the ocean and to fall in the deep blue waters of confusion. That was what they were, nothing but pieces of leafs barely holding on to their roots. There were no such things as sons within the Lord’s household and there never will be. There will always be the Lord and Namjoon, and that's what hurts the most.

Seokjin died in Yoongi's arms, seconds prior to their father leaving the celestial palace. His last words to him, "I'm going to finally be with mom,” made Yoongi break up in pieces. It was before his last breath was taken and his life was gone. That night was nothing but sweat and tears. Havoc broke out and Yoongi fled with Seokjin’s body in his arms.

Everyone came down to earth that night besides Namjoon who was wrapped around Lord Wong’s finger. All 5 gods entered the sakura blossoms and laid Seokjin in the heart of the earth, covering his body with pink petals in preparation for the ceremony. Each brother brought an item Seokjin cherished and placed it in the palm of his hands. It was said that in the afterlife, what was burned along with their corps will be carried on with them. Candles were placed north, south, east and west of his corps. Every petal laid by him quickly withered away and like that, he went up in flames. All candle flames stretched towards the middle of his body, shooting up like a firework. His body slowly began to rise up while in flames. Red and bright orange set the evening sky.  Their brother was gone and no longer around.

Everyday starting from that night, there was going to be no Seokjin. No more visiting hours from across the village and no one to call brother.
He was gone.

Just like their mother.

Just like their father.

The mortal realm experienced heavy drought and rainfall that entire month. They were cursed once again. In the end, Jungkook was forced by Shin to take Seokjin’s work and combined his powers with his deceased brothers. It was a lot of work but he soon managed.

For Seokjin.

That was his motto and will forever be. Not only a motto but a legacy that he hopes to carry on. For his dear brother who will no longer walk the earth, he will live up to it.

Yoongi couldn't look at his father in the eyes. For months he sat awake in his tomb, crying for his brother Seokjin to come back. But he knew that he wasn't going to come back. Yoongi was miserable and lonely. He hasn't stepped out of his tomb in over 3 months nor had he gone out to help the mortals. Soon enough he stopped getting prayers and gifts. At one point he could hear an elderly woman curse at him from outside of his tomb, saying how useless he was and how much of a joke he was to them. Yoongi would force laughter upon himself and ignore their hasty comments. But deep inside it hurted him. As if being the third born wasn't enough and now them?

“Yoongi?”

Yoongi doesn't move an inch nor bat an eye. He doesn't move from his position on his back and continues to drag his forefinger against the dusty platform he was laying on. That familiar voice didn't struck him in surprise but it somehow did. Taehyung was here? In the mortal realm?