Chapter 6

GUYS PLEASE READ THE SILVERLIGHT. IT IS A NOVEL ABOUT THESE CHARACTERS AND I PROMISE YOU WON'T REGRET READING IT! :))

Dylan

"I do remember that day at the park."

At this revelation, my mouth dropped open and formed an O shape. I was pretty sure that my eyebrows had furrowed too.

How could she remember that? Was she like me? A child with an inhumane memory. How could she read my mind like that? She just did it so casually and said things that I was thinking, out loud just as if it was perfectly normal to say things that other people were thinking.

"How.....how do you....?" I managed to get out.

"Read people's minds? It's a gift, I guess."

Just the fact that she was talking to me and hadn't called her mom up on me was a huge relief. She had never talked to me this way ever before, and she had never hesitated to show her hatred for me. But she had just claimed that she didn't hate me. She was a strange girl.

"But all this time, you were so mean to me." I voiced.

"That was because I felt a little threatened with you around," she replied. "Why don't you come in?" I was shocked to say the least. Her mom was way too overprotective of her and if she saw me: the scrawny boy who always made her daughter miserable" there was no telling what would happen.

"What about your mom?" I asked.

"She'll be here in around ten minutes. Till then, I can explain everything to you."

"Explain everything?" I asked incredulously.

"Just come in!" Lisa insisted, so I stumbled up the path that led to the front door. The house was huge. A wide, winding staircase led to the upper floors and a little to the right, was the living room, where Lisa was heading. The room was nothing like my living room. It was a huge rectangular room with a giant flat screen TV on one wall, and comfortable leather couches and cushions scattered around. The electric fireplace was occupying another wall and on the coffee table, an assortment of candies had been placed in a bowl.

"So we better make this quick," she said and I nodded mutely. At the moment, all I was thinking was whether what she was going to tell would actually make sense to me. Because ever since I had met her, I had always been confused when she talked. Sure, she looked like an ordinary nine year old girl and most of the time, she acted like one too but sometimes, she would start saying things that were far too complicated for the brain of a fourth grader.

"I know it seems weird to you, but some people have special powers." Her bright eyes were glimmering and her face wore a look that clearly said that the nine year old girl was about to tell a story. "I only found out a few days ago, but I'm not a regular hunan. I'm a werewolf." She waited as if expecting me to say something. Her brown eyes were full of excitement and her cheeks had turned rosy. She looked very proud of herself at that moment, as if she had something no other human could have.

As for me? I was shocked to say the least. Wolf? The only wolf I could think of at that moment was the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood, but it was very difficult to imagine Lisa looking like that. I was also becoming convinced that this was all a joke. She had dragged me in here to tell me another one of her crazy stories. At school, she did this a lot. She gathered up a bunch of kids and told them made up stories which would make her look cool. After a couple of days when the entire class knew the story with about three different endings, she would cry out and say, "Wow, I got you guys good!"

This time however, she would tell me some stupid story until her mom came and then watch as her mom got all emotional and told me go away and said that she would be calling my mom about this. That sounded about right. Lisa only wanted to trick me.

I was still curious how she had read my thoughts. But maybe, my expressions had said it all... I didn't know, but I was not about stay here and be the object of Lisa's mirth.

"Wow," I said, and rolled my eyes. "Wow, you got me. "

"I'm not making this up! I am a wolf," she declared.

"Sure, try not to eat me, will you, Wolfie?" I countered.

"Look," she said. "I know I've made up stories in the past, but this is actually true. I am a wolf."

"Prove it." I had no idea where this was going. She could turn into a super powerful wolf just like Peter Parker turned to Spiderman. But, I reminded myself, he wears a costume. He does not turn into anything.

"Are you sure?" she asked. "Because, I have to tell you, when I'm a wolf, I don't really have that much control over myself. Wolves crave meat and blood. You could get hurt."

"Haha," I said. "You really don't scare me."

"Okay then," she smirked. "Meet me by my window tonight at nine."

"But my bedtime is at eight," I pointed out.

"Eight?"she said, smirking again.

"My mom says a nine year old should be in bed by eight so the boogie man will stay away." Lisa just continued smirking and rolling her eyes so at last I said, "But I'll come."

"Good."

"So this mind-reading thing..." I started, but Lisa silenced me by putting a hand up. I could hear a car pulling up outside. Her mom had arrived.

"You need to go, but... I really want to be friends. I'll meet you tonight okay? And explain, well, I'll try to explain everything to you."

I nodded numbly. The fact that her mother was outside was scarier than it looked. I was already having visions in my head: visions that consisted of Lisa's mom, a pair of gardening scissors and me.

"Use the kitchen door," Lisa said. "That way!"

Surprisingly, I found the kitchen in a matter of seconds. It was located a few metres away from the living room and was unnaturally clean. The back door was open and I rushed out through it as fast as I could.

*******************************************

Eric was still sitting where I had left him, staring idly at the clear sky. When I walked over and he saw that I was holding no roses, he jumped up in triumph.

"You were gone for...about ten minutes," he said, glancing at his watch. "And you got no flowers. Two bucks, please."

"Ugh, here," I sighed, handing him the money Lisa had given me. Lisa. She was so strange. Once you got over that, you could actually like her. I had discovered that today. She seemed like she could do with a friend. And according to her, she could turn into a wolf. I was going to see her tonight. I tried to imagine how it would feel to run freely in the forest on four legs. The feeling was amazing. But I had no idea how much trouble my immature nine year old self had gotten me into.

********************************************

A/N

Yeah, I changed Ashley to Lisa :) you'll find out why soon!

Thanks a bunch for reading! VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE! :-)