Chapter 14

Taylor

The cool morning air washed over my face as I reached the red and white house. The trees that bordered the street cast light shadows on the ground because of the sun, and the houses were bathed in warm golden light cast by the morning sun.

Despite the crisp morning and the singing birds, I was in a horrible mood. But then again, I always was the day after full moon night. I just craved what had happened a few hours ago: the feel of the grass under my paws, the wind whistling through my fur, the taste of fresh neat....

"Are you lost, dear?" I turned to the source of the rather coarse voice. It was a human woman of about sixty.

Her hair was braided on the side of her face and crinkles lined her face.

"No, I am right where I want to be," I told her bluntly. My skin crawled to think that she had thought she could help me. A mortal being like her could never be capable of such a thing. In my opinion, humans were only good for one thing and that was being a wolf's dinner. Yet, I was not to touch a single hair on a human's head.

The woman's dark eyes seemed to pierce through me as she studied me.

"Are you new in town?" I could tell that this woman was one of those preppy people who were rich and liked to gossip about everything that was not their business. The woman had clearly been popular in her younger years and was not willing to let go of that stuck up, gossipy side of her.

"Technically, yes," I stated smoothly. It was the truth. I had been living with the wolf pack for the past few days and they owned a house right outside of Crescent Hills, but we came into town every day. But now, I was considering moving into this town on my own. Once I became pack leader, I could live where I wanted.

"Technically?" the woman asked. She was confused. Good, I thought.

"Yes," I responded nonchalantly. "Who might you be?" She looked flustered at the reply and started shuffling her feet and her face flushed. I did not understand the reaction since all I did was ask her who she was.

"Oh I run the bakery at the corner of the street, honey. Come to me anytime you want."

"Oh I shall keep thar in mind," I smirk at her.

"So where are your parents?"

"I hardly know anymore," I said. "Where are yours?"

"In heaven. I hope." Oh of course, I thought to myself. She looked sixty herself and she was a human.

"Do you know anything about whoever lives in that house?" I asked her, smiling softly. Well, if we are talking, I might as well get some useful information out of her, I thought to myself.

"I know a lot about them," she answered. "But the question is; why would a new person in town like yourself, want to know about them?"

I tried reading her, as I had read countless other humans. It was a simple process, but a skill that only a few werewolves possessed. I could look into the minds of humans and read their thoughts, but their was something different about this one: something I could not put my finger on.

"I'm just," I paused, studying her face closely. "An interested party."

"Really now?" She narrowed her eyes and continued to stare at me.

"Yes," I replied.

"Well, I know for a fact that that house belongs to only one person, someone called Greg Lysander. I also know that Greg lives abroad and this house is where his younger som: Ethan, lives alone. I do go in and help him out once in awhile. He's very charming."

So it was true. He was living here. He had been here the whole time and I had just spent my days outside if town, living with the pack. I could have come here.

"How is he doing?" I asked the woman before me. "Ethan."

"He's doing pretty good for a boy in middle school who was deserted by his father and bug brother.he told me his brother left him. "

"I am his brother," I revealed. The old woman took a step back and looked me over once more, her eyes penetrating mine.

"You look a lot like him. How old are you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"How old do I look to you?" I asked quietly.

"Around seventeen."

"There you have it," I told her with a smile. "I'm seventeen."

"Well, I'd better be off," said the woman. "My name is Meg by the way." She waved slowly and smiled. I sighed: stupid humans and their meaningless gestures....

"Goodbye, Meg," I said and turned back to the house. The walls were painted a dark red and the fence surrounding the house was white along with the outside of the windows. The small garden was trimmed neatly and it had a few plants growing. I suspected Meg had something to do with the garden since Ethan would never like gardens.

Aa I reached the front door, I brushed a few strands of my sandy brown hair out of my face and breathed in deeply. This was going to be an interesting encounter.

********************************************

A/N

I am so sleepy right now so I can't say much :/ I'm sorry for the late update and the fact that you've got some questions in your mind. Hopefully they'll be answered soon....Please vote and comment guys :)