Chapter 1

His blade.....missed me by a hair. My fury was clawing its way to the surface but I remembered what Grim said to me. If I am angry and fight angry...I'll die. What should I do? Fight like my family's lives depends on it; which it does. 

I grabbed my sword and looked at Grim...mistake. Jase lunged at me and sliced my thigh. I took a deep breath and screamed. The birds came to my call and attacked Jase as I ripped off the bottom of my shirt and tied it on my wound. The compression should slow the bleeding to a stop so I wouldn't bleed out. The gash was hideous and I was glad to cover it up. 

I whistled and the birds flew away. Jase stood from the one knee he had fallen to. He looked at me and spat blood near my foot. He glared at me, I simply beckoned him on. He lunged and I nimbly dodged out of the way. Without a second thought I sliced his thigh the same way. He screamed and birds came rushing at me but I simply held up my hand and they dispersed. 

But I wasn't a ruthless killing machine so I let him hastily wrap his thigh. I smirked as he looked up at me. I lunged, faked right and sliced. He parried my attack but if he was a second later I would have killed him. He shoved me back but I righted my feet on the ground and huffed a breath. That's when Grim stood up and took a stick. I chuckled softly but he changed it into a bow staff and I immediately stopped laughing. 

He came by my side and that's when Jase became ruthless. He threw down a fog bomb and knocked out my senses. But I didn't need my eyes to see. I remember fighting like this when I was little three thousand years ago. Eyes closed and all the other senses became enhanced. I took a deep breath and fought A until I heard a scream. My eyes tore open and I saw a sight that knocked me to my knees.

"GRIM!!!!" I yelled