Chapter 2

He was on the ground grabbing his stomach

He was on the ground grabbing his stomach. Keep your cool, keep your cool. I ran up behind Jase silently and stabbed him through his heart then cut his throat. Blood sprayed and his body collapsed to the ground. I ran over to Grim.

I moved his hand and was so grateful for my nurse bag. Using the Earth, I made a bed that supported him and let me work. I brought up water from the freshest stream and clothes from the highest royalty. I took off his shirt and worked quickly. Within a few minutes his bleeding stopped and the wound was closed. He was breathing and I changed him into the silk blue blouse and grey slacks. 

I heard a rustle behind me and turned to see Jase coming alive one more time. He smiled and waved at me. I stood and drew my sword from where it lay on the forest floor. He beckoned me forwards and I had to make a snappy remark.

"Jeez how many lives do you have?" I snapped snarkily.

"Only three," he said.

"And how many times do you have to die before you get tired?" I asked.

"Only three," he repeated. 

"Ugh you're so difficult."

"I can make this easy."

That got my attention. "How?"

He chuckled and shook his head slightly. "Be my queen and this will all be over."

That was it? I just had to marry him and this would all be over? That seemed way way to easy.

"What's the catch?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well...."