Chapter 1 - Visions

I jolted up in my bed, panting and gasping for breath as I kept replaying the contents of my dream. For once it wasn't a nightmare, for once it was a dream since... he died. I shook my head and pushed the covers off of me, slipping out of my bed and my warm feet meeting the cold floor.

        I walked out of my room, running my hand through my hair as I kept thinking about the dream. This once had involved Primus, a Cybertronian god, telling me I could bring him back to life but it could cost me my own. I needed to talk to Ratchet, Optimus, someone about this!

        I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple, writing a note to my cousin and telling her where I would be. I only stopped again to slip my boots on, before I hurried out of the house. Mikaela and me would alternate between sleeping here or at the shop, depended on how we were feeling.

        I ran out to the beat up truck in our driveway, slipping in the drivers seat and starting it. I put it in reverse and backed out the driveway quietly, before putting it in forwards and racing down the road. I had the road to the Autobot base memorized.

        About an hour later I finally arrived at the base, and I showed the guards my pass at the check point before driving into the hanger where they kept the military vehicles and whatnot. I got out quickly and ran down the halls, towards the still lit up med bay where I heard two familiar bots talking.

        I stopped in the giant doorway of the med bay, looking at the two bots, Ratchet and Optimus Prime, who were in deep conversation until Ratchet had glanced over and noticed me. "Natasha!" He says, making Optimus look at me as well. "What are you doing here? We weren't expecting you or Mikaela here until this weekend..."

        I smiled slightly and shrugged, before quickly walking towards them only to freeze at their pedes and look up at them. "I had this weird dream, well, he called it a vision." I mumbled, knowing they heard me when they looked at me confused. "I had this weird dream last night, and someone called Primus spoke to me-"

        I was cut off by Optimus, of course. "Primus?" he asks, his optics widening in shock that Primus would, and could, contact a human such as myself. "Why did he talk to you? What did he have to say? Was it important?" he asks, making my eyes widen at how many questions the Prime had asked until he was nailed in the helm with a wrench.

        I held in a snicker but nodded at Ratchet, showing my thanks to the medic. "He spoke to me about a vision Optimus, and to me it's important. He said I could bring Jazz back to life, but it could cost me my own life." I said, before taking a deep breath and sending a pleading look up at them. "I want to do whatever it takes to bring him back, I don't care what it costs me."

        The looks on both of their faces showed how shock they were about me deciding to sacrificing myself to bring back one of their comrades. I didn't care how shocked they were, I was still going through with it. "Natasha, I know you miss him but if he is in the Well then he deserves to st-"

        I cut him off with a glare, not letting him finish the words that would have caused me too much internal pain. "Primus said it had not been his time to go Ratchet, I'll bring him back. He told me, Primus told me that it was all up to me to bring him back." I said, the pleading look back on my face.

        Ratchet and Optimus shared a look, speaking to each other in another language that was known as Cybertronian. They finally looked at me again, this time both sets of optics softer than they had been. "Natasha, we have decided you can go through with saving Jazz but you must be careful. Is there anything else Primus said?"

        I smiled at their words, feeling happiness fill my very being that they were going to let me attempt to bring Jazz back to life. "He said that it could only be done on a full moon and I had to use a piece of the Allspark to go into the Well to bring him back." I explained quickly, a serious tone in my voice now.

        They shared a look again, going back to speaking Cybertronian again and I had to bite my tongue from yelling at them to speak English so I could understand them as well. Optimus looked at me again, kneeling down and picking me up in his servo, lifting me up so we could be face to face.. in a way.

        "Natasha, I can see how much you care about Jazz. We will let you go through with bringing him back but you can't let yourself die. If Jazz comes back and finds out you died saving him, I fear what may happen to my First Lieutenant." Optimus sighs, giving me a look that made me nod in reassurance.

        "I promise you this now Optimus, I will fight to stay alive. I won't go out that easily, or else I would have died during Mission City or something like that." I said, a ghost of a joking tone in my voice as I spoke those words. "I will do whatever it takes to bring him back though, I hope you know that." The look on my face was one not to be reckoned with.

        Optimus sighs and nods his helm. "Natasha, you have shown great bravery here today. The next full moon is in less than a human week, we will try our best to get our servos on the last shard of the Allspark so you may bring Jazz back." he says, smiling softly at me that was infectious since I returned that smile and nodded my head in agreement.