Chapter 6

~

It's been 5 months now. Spring break was long over and it actually went by pretty quickly. The spring dance was coming up in a few days and Michael still hasn't asked me to go with him yet. I wasn't worried though, but my friends were already choosing corsages. We've been out more and I'm no longer embarrassed when he calls me his girlfriend. I think he's more comfortable with the thought too.

I was walking home with Lily and Samantha when a hand covered my eyes.

"Guess who." A deep voice rang out. I smiled to myself, and decided to tease him.

"Ben?" I asked, even though I had no idea who Ben was.

"Ben?" The voice repeated incredilously.

"Oh, my bad. It must be David right?"

"Who's David?" The voice was starting to sound worried. I could hear Sam and Lily laughing, standing in front of me.

"Well... is it Tom?"

"Who the fuck is Tom?" The boy let his hands go. I turned around and I saw Michael glaring at me.

I threw my head back and laughed.

"Calm down Michael." I hugged him.

"So, who's Ben, David, and Tom?"

"How should I know?" I smiled and he put his arm around me.

"Good." He leaned in a kissed my cheek.

"You guys are so adorable." Sam commented. We started walking again and they were a few feet ahead of us.

"I know." Michael replied kiddingly.

"Hey, let's all head to my place. We can finish our homework there and then do something." Sam suggested.

"You just want help on your math homework." Lily pointed out.

"Was I that obvious?"

"Nah, I just know you well enough."

Sure, Sam is talented, gorgeus, tall, and friendly. But math? Not her forte.

"I'm in."

"Me too."

"Sure."

We went to Sam's house and dropped our book bags on the kitchen floor.

"Let's get a snack first." Lily suggested, already opening the fridge. She peered inside, and  took out a bag of cookies.

"Sure. Let's go to my room." Sam took the cookies and we followed her to the staircase. I realized that this was the first time Michael went to Sam's house. Actually, he told me once that the only girl's house he's ever been in was mine. I looked at him and he was looking around as if it was a museum. We entered Sam's room. She painted it bright green and it contradicted with the clean white walls of the hallway. There was a big blackboard nailed to the wall where we would doodle or write notes. On top of her bed were many pillows, all with pretty designs printed on them. Also, covering the walls were her medals and certificates. They were all from the many contests that she entered, and won, of course.

I sat on the furry carpet with Michael while Lily occupied the desk nearby. Sam took a piece of chalk and wrote "Ideas".

"Ideas for what?" Michael asked.

Sam rubbed her hands together, trying to get the chalk off.

"For where we're gonna go after we're done with our homework." Lily offered.

"Exactly. While we're doing our homeowork, we can just go up and write an idea we have."

I raised my hand and Sam called on me. I dropped my bag near Michael and took a piece of chalk.