Chapter 1

Young  Elizabeth is standing at the bow of a ship and singing

"We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack. Drink up"

When master Gibbs hears her he puts his hand on her shoulder which surprises her

"Quiet, missy! Cursed pirates sail these waters. You don't want to bring them down on us, now, do ya?"

"Mr.  Gibbs  , that will do!"

Norrington exclaims

"She was singing about pirates. Bad luck to be singing about pirates with us mired in this unnatural fog. Mark my words."

"Consider them marked. On your way."

"Aye, Lieutenant. It's bad luck to have a woman on board, too, even a miniature one."

"I think it?d be rather exciting to meet a pirate."

"Think again,  Miss  Swann  . Vile and dissolute creatures, the lot of them. I intend to see to it that any man who sails under a pirate flag or wears a pirate brand gets what he deserves ? a short drop and a sudden stop."

Elizabeth    glances at  Gibbs  who mimes a hanging

"Lieutenant  Norrington  , I appreciate your fervor, but I'm, uh, I'm concerned about the effect this subject will have upon my daughter."
"My apologies,  Governor  Swann  ."

"Actually, I find it all fascinating."

"Yes. That's what concerns me."

Elizabeth sees a parasol and then a piece of wreckage with a boy and a girl on it in the water
"Look! A boy! There's a boy in the water! There's also a girl!"

"Man overboard! Man the ropes. Fetch a Hook! Haul them aboard."

they get them on board

"There are still breathing."

Gibbs spots the burning ship

"Mary , Mother of God!"

"What happened here?"

"It's most likely the powder magazine. Merchant vessels run heavily armed."

"A lot of good it did them. Everyone's thinking it. I'm just saying it. Pirates."

"There's no proof of that. It was probably an accident."

"Rouse the Captain immediately! Heave to and take in sail. Launch the boats."

"Elizabeth   , I want you to accompany the children. They'll be in your charge. Take care of them."

she nods and walks over to the young children
the boy awakes, grabbing her wrist

"It's ok. My name's  Elizabeth  Swann  ."

"W-W-Will  Turner  . She's Y/N"

"I'm watching over you,  Will ."